When It Rains «1:8»

The next room Arthur was taken to was small, stone and bare.
Arthur looked around curiously, not exactly frightened, but definitely wary of Morgause, especially as she had Merlin in her grasp.

"Now," the witch said, standing beside a telephone-sized box of red brick. "What do we have in here? Why, I do believe it is something that will make your tongue nice and loose, Prince Arthur, and that will let all of Camelot's secrets come pouring out."

Arthur eyed the box, wondering what horrors lay within. Some horrific magical beast? It couldn't be too large, as the box was barely tall enough to fit a grown man, but size was no qualifier of power... Just look at Gwen...

"Now," Morgause continued. "My first question is an easy one. I could find this out relatively quickly from my spy, but... Seeing as you're here, it would be rude not to ask... Where is the key to the vaults under Camelot kept?"

The answer popped into Arthur's mind but he closed his eyes and shook his head.
"I'll never tell."

Morgause sighed.
"Very well," she said, stepping forward. "Why don't you have a little look inside," she said mockingly. "Then I'm sure will answer most willingly."
She pushed Arthur towards the box, to a tiny slit between the bricks, at eye height. Arthur nervously looked inside.

He stopped breathing.

He choked.

Then he breathed too much and coughed.

"No..." He whispered. "No. It isn't real."

"I'll ask you again. Where is the key to the vaults kept?" Morgause said angrily.

Arthur just stared.
Stared at the immobile body hanging from the chains.