When It Rains «3:3»

If the situation hadn't been so dire, Arthur might have had to suppress the bizarre impulse to laugh, for Merlin really did look a terribly hilarious state.

His clothes were ripped and blood stained, but his skin was pale and clear, free of cuts and bruises.
A small mercy, thought Arthur.

In fact, the only rips in Merlin's clothes were where his arms had been torn from their sockets.

The wounds were clean and smooth, new skin stretching over what had been exposed flesh and bone, the scar tissue shone, white, shiny, across the sockets. It wasn't a pretty sight.

"Merlin," Arthur breathed, reaching down and rolling Merlin onto his front. His face was passive, his missing right eye still a horror, red and black. His left eye was closed.

Arthur wasted no time in picking him up and carrying him in a fireman's lift, racing back the way he had come.

He sped down the twisting corridors, his frantic heart in his throat, certain that at any second a guard would jump out at them.

They reached the hall. The doors were open. No one was around.

Arthur ran through the doorway and over to the double doors leading to the rainy hills, stopping and moving back when he saw Merlin's severed arms still on the floor in chains.

Arthur made up his mind at light speed. Perhaps there was some way of reattaching the limbs- it was worth taking them.

He layed Merlin carefully down on the stone floor and ran to pick them up, when a voice said from the corner of the room,

"Not so fast."

Arthur whirled, halfway to picking up the other arm, and saw Morgause.