CH.20 "the chapters"

It was dark out, you were gazing at the stars in silence. You knew you shouldn't of been outside in case you got stabbed or something but you didn't want to see Lambert's blood all over the place. You get a bit sick seeing blood. But shit, you're gonna have to get used to it. You closed your eyes, listening to cars and various nocturnal creatures. Tonight, this week, everything's been crazy. It all started with that cartridge, if it wasn't for Jordan you wouldn't be in this mess. How did Jordan manage to do anything with that cartridge around? You honestly forgot how he even got the cartridge, it's a fogged up memory that you don't really care about digging up. How is Jordan holding up, is he even alive. What if he's one of the serial killers? That'd be super cliche and unlikely. You opened your eyes again. You saw a black figure in the distance. But, honestly, you didn't really care who it was. If it was a druggie/tweaker/serial killer/etc. you probably wouldn't care, everything has gotten to out of hand that if you got stabbed again right now you'd probably not care. I mean you'd probably be like "oh wow i got stabbed again gotta call 911 beep beep" but you wouldn't care whether you lived or die. I mean you're probably gonna die anyways considering all the crazy shit that's happened so far. BEN loved you but he just loves you so much he'd kill you, also a bunch of people are killing each other and you're best friends with a serial killer which by the way happens to be your childhood buddy?? How did things end up like this in just one week, you were having fun and being good. Your luck is just the worst. That figure is coming closer to you, and you get slightly tense but you just remember what is going on in your life. The person has gone under a streetlight and you can now see a knife in their hand. Oh boy. You sit there, your eyes narrowed. They are getting closer and closer now. You stand up, better get this over with. The person is close enough where you can see their face, it's all torn up and disfigured. They swing the knife at you. You stand still, your eyes still narrow. But suddenly you have second thoughts. You're seriously letting yourself die now? After all you've been through. You've gone through a bunch of shit nobody could handle. Adrenaline kicks in and you kick the sketchy person where it hurts, where the sun doesn't shine and they hunch over on the ground and they drop the knife. You pick up the knife and throw it away somewhere. You are not going to become a serial killer, you are a runaway. This is it. You run as fast as you can. You're not suppose to leave Harper and Lambert but you'll be okay. EJ will get upset but that's fine. You nearly just got murdered twice tonight, this isn't safe. You are going to run, and run, and run. You will get away. You are done with this. You can't deal with BEN, Harper, Lambert, Carlos, EJ, you can't deal with it. You'll miss Carlos but this is for the better. You are getting out of here and you are never coming back. You'll move to a paper town, or you'll go to greece or rome. You're getting out of here. You laugh at yourself, still running with all the energy you've got. You're so gleeful in this moment, you just defended yourself and got away without murdering someone. You stop as you need to catch your breathe. You go to a gas station and find a ladder in the dumpster. You climb the ladder to the flat area of the gas station, you kick the ladder away from the area. Yeah, that may have been stupid but you have so many ways to get down, like you can jump on the dumpster, it's not that far down. You just lay flat, smiling at yourself, and staring at the stars in the sky. What a week you've been through. You weren't expecting anything like this to happen but, you are making this work. YOU WILL. MAKE THIS. WORK. Screw BEN and screw E.J. You sigh. You'll wonder if Lambert is okay though and whatever. You should make plans on where to go, you have to have a plan. You start to think about things, and you stare off into the roads and the trees. You're confused that it will be alright. You're getting rid of this mess, and you'll be fine. Yeah....