Chapter four

Nicole's POV

"Why won't you let me go?" I softly ask after a few minutes of silence.

He doesn't reply me instead he changes the subject.

"So it is a deal then....you make my food....and clean.....so seem brainy so you do my assignment to stay."

"That is all?"
"And laundry."he  dryly states.

I just shake my head to know the fact that someone lets me stay in their home for this.

He pulls up in front of the house and I slowly follow behind him.

When he is out of sight I enter the kitchen and pull out the pans and pots to make dinner.

His fridge is filled with so much caramel popcorn and chocolates that look barely touched , the other side is filled with other healthy stuff. No wonder why he is so strong.

In few minutes I have Potatoes and chicken ready.

I put it out on the dinning table and wait for him to come out.

I am still so surprised I haven't found his name.

He walks out shirtless with a pair of gym shorts.

"You're dinner is on the table....sir....sorry..."

"The name is Cody Herman "
I immediately choke at the words. Herman? This has to be some sort of joke.

I walk back to the room and gently lay in the bed after tossing my stuffs in a wardrobe. The other cabinet is brimming with condoms. Is this his fucking room or what.

I wake up to the smell of burnt pancakes. I immediately rush out of the room to meet Cody with fire at the hem of his apron and so much eggs on his nose with a plate of pancakes in the other hand.

I can't help but laugh at the sight. I move towards him slowly putting out the fire. I pick up the nearest napkin to wipe his nose.

"What is so damm funny?"

"Nothing"

He hands me the plates of pancakes and a fork.

"Bon appetite"
Oh no I will not eat that. I look at the terrible pancakes and scrunch my nose in disgust.

"You do not like it?"

"No it is fine" I lie
I end up eating half a plate of the pancake and trashing the rest . I made a cup of tea for him after reaching the pancakes.

I hear muffled sounds and rush out to meet him coughing.

"Is there something wrong"
"This tea...did you dip your finger in it"
"No . Why?"
"Well it is too sweet and you are sweet so you must have put something in it"

I can't help but smile as he walks up the stairs .

Nobody ever told me I was sweet , well only two people but now that they are gone I did not ever expect to hear it again.