chapter thirty two.

Cody's POV
Nicole is awkwardly
"I'm just going to go out for fresh air."

There's probably more to the air. Or maybe this hair is tainted with guilt.

This is all so weird. She has been staring at chase with pitiful and sorry eyes.

Chase stands up seconds later and follows her out. The game continues and I'm getting fucking uncomfortable.

I stand up minutes mater to see what they are doing outside. It's the night I put an end to chases drama.

"I have something to tell you" chase says. It must be that he's trying to get to her . He is so stupid.

Stupid enough to make you jealous

I'm so going to kill him but I want to wait to see what Nicole says. It's now or never.

"Go on tell me." She's choking on her own breath. For a second I start to think I'm mean to make her end things with chase this way and the worse part is that I'm not even her boyfriend. I'm nearly nothing to her.

"Well"

"There's this girl I like. She's blonde and  has crazy eyes .  She's very pretty."

Well. What's her fucking business

Where is this going. He has to be kidding me. I'm not going to push her. She's going to make this decision. It's me or him. She looks like she's going to pass out sooner or later.

"Ok. Go on." She's handling this better than I thought.

"And I don't know how to ask her."

So this is about another girl. I want to strangle Chase now and electrify his balls but I won't if not she will have mine for dinner.

"Easy act like I'm her and you're you."

This has to be some sort of joke. I actually saw him with another girl. A brunette but ......I don't care.

"Hi I'm chase.....is this working."

Oh please. Get to the point. So if you want to ask someone out you go and act like an idiot and her response will be try again when you don't speak idiot. I would like to see that. I nearly make the mistake of laughing.

"Sure go on." Her face is priceless.

"I really like you and I want you to be my girlfriend." He blurts

That's it. No girl could ever be this dumb. I must say they are doing a lousy job acting and my Nan is better.

"See that was easy. So go out there and ask that special lady."

"Sure I will"

Chase is standing there like a fool his hands in his pocket. Does he need a reminder or does he need me to tap his sense.

"What are you waiting for another man could ask her."

I could do that but I don't have the time for him.

"The thing is I just did. ...what's your answer Nick."

This has to be some sort of joke. I wait reluctantly for her answer but she's still. It's just a simple no.

Nicole's POV

I'm lost. I don't know what to say to this guy that is sweet and just asked me to be his girlfriend.

If this were to be high school it would be some sort of joke but it isn't. This could be my future.

I notice some noise from behind us and when I look back Cody is leaning against the wall his hands crossed. The lights highlight his perfect feature and is this what I should be thinking.

If I say no to him he would probably hate me. Unwelcome tears flow down my eyes ruining my mascara.

"Are you going to say yes.....or no." Venom lacing his voice.

"Cody I.."

"Cody? I'm chase. He has so much filled your mind you think of him every time. Now I'm Cody. Nicole can't you see what he has done to you? He's always making you cry and still you reject me for him." Disgust is all over his face.

"Chase I'm saying Cody is behind us. I'm not mistaken."

Cody steps out and Chase growls.
"Nicole tell him your answer" Cody pushes.

"What makes you think she's head over heels for you." Chase yells.

"And you. Did you see yourself. Miserable thing. She doesn't want you so go back and pick that waste of yours." Cody yells.

"You think that she's waste. You made her waste and when I get the chance to find her you come and take that from me !" Chase yells back.

I should just go. This is my fault. I failed to tell Chase and I let my feelings for Cody overpower me.

"Could you guys please stop"

"The only way this is going to end Nicole. Is for you to pick. It's chase or Cody."

My eyes are brimming with tears and now I know what Chase is feeling.

The worse feeling is loving someone who doesn't love you.

I have treated him the wrong way.
I dragged him into believing that I care when I don't. The worse sad is when you don't know the reason for being sad.

My mascara is all smeared across my face and this it too much to handle.

I told you to keep away from  this beast but you won't listen . Look what you got us into. An emotion rollercoaster with no safety and soon you'll land us in Hell.

My subconscious mocks and she's pushing it now. She's over doing it. She's being a bitch and I'm in this mess. I don't even realize that they are both staring at me.
I'm going to have to do this now. I feel like the world is against me. It's starting to rain and the house is getting full.

"Chase. I'm sorry I dragged you into this and you had to see me this way. It's just that what I feel for you is not enough to make me or you happy."

Well you Tried. My subconscious rewards.

Chase just nods and walks out. Cody and I are the only ones out here.

I fall to the floor and let all the weight I've been trying to lift alone fall.

"Well you did it." He smiles.

"I did what. I broke his heart. You couldn't give me the time. You just made me do this."

"At least we could be happy now."

"We? There no we. There's only you and me. You don't want to date me you just want to break my heart so congratulations you successfully completed your task."

"Nicole..."

I'm not giving him the chance to talk. I enter the living room not waiting at all. What am I looking for.

Oh run out with all eyes on me. I look like hell and I don't care. Cody is running after me shouting my name.

"Nicole. Nicole.. Nicole."

This is sickening me. I make a sharp turn in front of the door.

"What do you want from me . Tell me. Do you want me to kill him."

I'm in tears and I feel like ill pass out.

"Please don't leave" he pleads.

"Why tell me why I shouldn't leave."

I'm aware that people are starting but I don't care. This man is stingy.

"Because I love you."