chapter twenty seven

Nicole's  POV
I wait for that fire that build between Cody and I to burn but it just doesn't. Kissing Cody might as well just have been the best thing I've felt in years.

He bites on my lower lips . When I was a little girl I had always waited for my feet to pop up when my kiss arrives. I nearly laugh into chases mouth but I don't . I just pull away.

"Sorry , I was just .  I am .was . I'm..." he is clearly embarrassed and his cheeks are red.

"It's fine . I needed it anyway" I save him from further embarrassment.

My phone stars to ring .when I look at the screen the name reads Dan.. He is in every of my class and I find him very interesting. He and Cody hold a grudge I don't seem to get. He is Esther 's boyfriend and that is the reason that Cody hates here.

"Hello" I say into the phone panic clear in my voice.

"Nicole , I need you to come to the address I give you now."

"Why what's wrong."

"It's Cody. He's here and he's trashing his parents house . He has broken almost all of the glass here please hurry" clashing of glass is heard from the background and a scream follows.

Chase steps into the living room with dinner but I'm in a hurry . I have to go and calm him down.

"Where are you going late this night?"

"It sounds stupid but I'm going to see Cody. Something is wrong with him." Panic still clear in my voice.

"You are still going to meet him after what he just did to you.! Lady are you sick.?"

"Yes I'm sick and what do you expect. I care a lot if you you don't know."

With that I run out. Leaving chase to his dinner. I feel sorry for him . I can't believe I just rushed out to meet him and the worst part is after what he just did.

I get a cab to take me there. I've really saved enough to get an apartment and a car.

I jump put of the cab and throw a few dollars bills at the driver. The house is magnificently huge and the lights just make it better.

When I step in I see a panicked Dan standing in the living room.

"What happened here." I looked round the trashed room . It is a big mess.

"What are you wearing? In this November cold."

"You said it was an emergency."

I hear a few screaming from outside and the crashing of glass follows.

I follow the sound to the back of the house. All I can see is a dark figure. I move closer till I'm a few inches away.

"I don't think it's a good idea to move further!" Dan yells from inside

"Cody please can you stop?"

"Why? It's not like you care! You literally just threw it in my face. And what are you doing here?"

"Dan told me to come."

"Of course. Fucking Dan."

"You think that I don't care. You told me you didn't care first."

"Because you don't. You see I just hope that you told him how much you love him in candle light. Fucking chase."

"I don't love chase for a start . I just said it to spite you."

"You actually thought that I would go and tell him that. No. I don't love him . I love y..."

"You love who?" He turns around.

"I love myself"
"That isn't what I heard."

"This is not about me it's about you. What are you doing in your parents house , crashing it?"

"It's not my parents house anymore. It's my fucking dads and Dan's mum's house."

"You and Dan are step brothers."

"Well not yet. They ain't married and there is no way I will allow that. Dan's mum is a selfish bitch.!"

He takes a swing of the school's smashes the bottle on the wall. I block my ears from the hideous sound.

"How can you call your step mum a bitch?"

"Because she is. She is the reason my parents are getting divorced. And her stupid son ,he's worse."

"Don't drag Dan into this. He is my friend."

I seat on the bench and he sits on the other side.

"Why did you even come here? I expected you to stay back and let me destroy this place."

"I would have but I actually care" I shrug.

"You do?"

"Much enough to come here dressed like I'm going to the beach in November."

"Ok."

"Enough chat time. Do you mind cleaning this mess my mother Wil not be happy to see this!" Dan yells.

"Shut the fuck up Dan this is not about your motherfucking mother."

I flinch at his choice of words.

"So are you going to stay here or you'll just go back home?."

"I can't stay hear and let my dad come and say that he's happy to see me when he sure was happy to leave me".

He ends up agreeing to stay but to leave later. I feel so sorry for leaving chase that way.