chapter thirty

Nicole's POV
The night is getting cold and I can't keep up with sleeping this way.

I gently untangle myself from him and pull on his black shirt. Few months ago I couldn't have imagined myself wearing someone's shirt. Especially not a guy.

I am feeling very dehydrated so I decided to step outside to get some water and maybe he'll even need some.

I take each step slowly and try replaying the past few hours. They have been awkward. I immediately remember how I left chase hanging and I immediately feel terrible. I should call him but not now.

I have two glasses filled and I'm walking up the stairs slowly making sure to not spill anything on their expensive rugs.

I'm few inches to the door when I hear someone screaming. It resembles that of a little child. I want to believe that I'm insane and that it's just voices but it seems pretty real to me.

I open the door to see a fidgeting sweating Cody in bed.

I move to the side of his bed trying to wake him but he seems pretty hard to wake.

"You promised me. You said that you would stay. You left me. You lied. You never came back. The both of you."

Those are the words he kept on shouting and repeating.

"Cody. Cody ,Cody." I keep shaking him but he doesn't move. I want to believe that he's dead but he's still breathing.

I lift the glass and spill a bit of water in his face. He slowly blinks and looks at me with clouded eyes.

"Are you okay?. I brought you water."

He slaps my hand making the water spill.

"We have to leave this place now and fast."

I pull on all of my clothes as fast as I can not even knowing the reason. He is also fully dressed.

He drags me by the hand and drags me out making me almost trip.

"We have to never come back here again. It's haunted"

He is leading me to believe that he is actually really crazy.

"What is it that you are running from. It's just a magnificently beautifully nice house and you say it's haunted. You start blabbing in your sleep and then you drag me out. Are you insane?"

"You know what. Maybe I'm insane"

"Well it's completely nice to know that you are insane. "

"Sure I was completely insane to have let you spend the night."

"You re too right. I could have been at chases house having sushi and better company. " why did I just say that.

Each time Cody and I have an argument it always ends up that one person leaves and that is what I call lack of communication.

"Why didn't you just stay. This is one thing about you. We fight and then you have to go and drag chase into it. "

He's right. I'm speechless. I am always talking about how I could be with chase. Now I completely feeling useless. I don't want to apologize. What have I become. My eyes are brimming with tears.

"You know what. I could also be hooking up with Lucy. She's lonely and all. But fuck I don't ever throw it in your face do I. I would call you a bitch but I've grown to respect you."

I feel totally useless. He's not lashing out on me.

"This is the reason I don't give this stuff a trial. I would date someone who's heart has been broken so they know how it feels but it looks to me you haven't been there so maybe I should help you!"

He's grasping the wheel so hard his busted knuckles are worse and they are white. He is running every red light and his driving is reckless. He's going to get us in trouble. The cops are going to stop us soon.

"Why ain't you talking? Am I too insane or you want..."

"I get it. Just stop already. I get that you're mad but I'm not that all at fault. 'm sorry for always dragging chase in."

"Well . I'm not taking that until you tell chase that you want nothing to do with him again."

I am shocked by his words. I owe him so I might as well agree. Chase is my friend and I've hurt him more than anyone can take.

"Ill talk to him tomorrow."

"Better because you won't be seeing Chase." is all he says.

What does that mean. A threat.

I dry up my eyes. I am so pained. I have nothing to say. My only hope is Kaci , Esther and jade.

True to my words I'm sitting outside with Kaci telling her about everything except our session and Cody talking in his sleep.

"Maybe you are a little too wrong for throwing chase in his face."

"I know"

"You know Cody and Chase are enemy's and stuff like that."

"I know . So I'm going to tell Chase today. If it doesn't hurt him."

"I hope. But I'm not really sure I can help with this. Who would you rather loose. Chase or Cody?. Make up your mind honey. And let me know when you do."

I'm left alone with my thoughts to myself.

Cody or chase. Who do I want or deserve. The party is this night. I'm going to hurt someone and probably myself.