Chapter Seven

Chapter seven- The Bad Boy's Parents

I got home and walked through the door.

"Mom, I'm home!"

No response.

I went into the kitchen and saw a note on the refrigerator.

Chandler,

I'm working late tonight. I left some money under the cookie jar if you want to eat. Have fun.

-Mom

It's nothing unusual. She's never home. See, she can't even put "I love you". I don't have any siblings and my dad left when I was three. She doesn't even care if I eat.

I grabbed the phone and pressed one because I have Chinese on speed dial.

They showed up in twenty minutes with my noodles.

I sat down on the couch and grabbed chopsticks and started eating my delicious noodles. I switched on Netflix and started watching Mean Girls.

Then, I heard a knock on the door. Ugh. Really. I don't want to get up. I'm lazy.

I went to the window and I saw him. The one and only Christian Withers.

I opened the door and glared at him.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"I want you back. I'm sorry. I love you and I never wanted to fight with you."

"Well, you should have thought about that before you missed our date and slept with the slut."

"Babe-"

"I am not you babe anymore. I'm done with you. Like I told you before, don't talk to me or come near me again."

And, with that, I slammed the door in his face. Locked it. And went back to my noodles.

Who does he think he is? Coming around here and apologizing after he cheated.

Whatever. It's time for bed.

When I woke up, I did the same thing I did the day before, and dressed to impress.

I hopped in the truck and took off.

School went by like lightning and I was already on my way to Aden's house.

He let me in and we went upstairs.

We were working on the project when I heard the front door slam.

What was that?

I could hear pounding footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Get in the closet. Now."

I hopped in the closet and the door swung open.

Uh oh. The bad boy's parents.