You and Bax

Three more chapters aye

Christine marveled at the way Jake's t-shirt fell a little ways past her thighs, thinking the oversized blue shirt went well with her appearance. I laughed, touching the hem of the shirt Rich threw at me.

It was large as well, but red and a little higher up than Christine's. Of course, this made me uncomfortable, and I could've asked for sweatpants. But Chloe and Jenna had already complained about their outfits, Brooke followed suit in their antics. And since that occurred, I was too nervous and didn't want to be seen as a bother, so I kept quiet.

Bax refused the change of clothes Rich offered, knowing it'd either be too tight or short for him. First he came out with his normal sleeping attire, boxers and no shirt. The girls enjoyed the sight, minus Christine, but I scolded him and told him to change into more reasonable clothes.

"But I don't have any," he whined, leaning on me dramatically. I placed a hand on his bare chest, pushing him back.

"I can see that," I waved frantically at his half dressed body. "Now go change, I know you have more clothes."

"Fine," Bax complied, walking off. And while the conversation might of been over physically, he kept making suggestive comments mentally. So naturally, I was blushing pretty hard.

Chloe awed at my face, "Ooooh. You're all red in the face, my friend."

I scoffed, trying to deny it but Christine beat me to talking, "Are you sick? Do you need a blanket? Are you sure you're okay? Come on, I'll make you some soup. I'm sure Jake won't mind."

"She's not sick," Jenna stated matter-of-factly.

"Except maybe love sick," Brooke egged on, nudging her friends, the three of them giggling. It all came together for Christine as her eyes widened and her voice was no longer very bubbly.

Her stoic look alone scared all of us into silence as the others could be heard chatting in the other room.

She began with a sigh, "Do you like this boy?"

"Um-Well-Uh I don't think it's very-" I stuttered, stopping quickly seeing as Christine began to shake her head. Brooke and Chloe were holding onto each other, ready to bail if the short girl went ballistic. Jenna on the other hand was watching with curiosity.

"So you do," she clapped her hands together once. "So here's what's gonna happen. You tell him. Simple."

I squinted at her, noticing how her happy demeanor returned. "No, thanks. It's never that easy."

Jenna backed her girl up quickly, "Actually, the people usually make it harder than it needs to be."

Brooke and Chloe just nodded along.

I shrugged, not really bothered that they were prying unto my nonexistent love life. The downside to whatever they were cooking up would be that Bax would be more awkward around me. Which wasn't really a downside because seeing Bax being awkward is adorable.

Besides, if all else fails, I've still got fanfiction.

"How are you two love birds doing on this fine night," I asked happily, sitting down with the boys. Jake and Rich sent each other glances as they stifled giggles at how confused Jeremy was compared to Michael. Michael seemed to be enjoying it as he snorted whenever Jeremy squeaked out in surprise when the no longer sad boy held his hand.

"I'm missing something," Jeremy mumbled. "I-I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name."

I shrugged, "I didn't throw it." Cackling at my own joke, I realized that nobody thought I was funny. "Okay, okay, that was kind of funny. Anyway, my name's Bax, kid. And I already know yours, so you don't have to tell me."