You Visit Rich

School sucks, that's my excuse for not posting this sooner.

Black smoke billowed from the house that I had just run out of. Flames licked the windows, growing bigger by the second. It had taken me a while to get out, seeing as there was a crowd of people who were panicking and trying to leave. Right as I observed the house with coughs leaving my throat, a tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around.

"This is what I was talking about," Bax snapped, obviously seeing how much I hurt all over.

"But-" I hacked out one more cough. "But I did it, I think."

This is when I noticed that Rich wasn't outside with the rest of the crowd who was trying to leave the scene as more police and ambulances and fire trucks arrived. Bax watched confused as I whirled around, looking for Jake and Rich. They must have been in the house. I don't know if it was the fumes or the smoke and the lack of sleep, but I made my way towards the house, determined.

Only to be stopped by Bax, he seemed to have been absolutely done with my actions.

"What are you doing now?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"There's still-Jake and Rich-both of them are still in there," I rushed out.

Bax looked conflicted, knowing how much he didn't like Rich and possibly Jake, this must have been a hard decision. But if he didn't let me go, they'd die and the story would be beyond saving. Whereas letting me go could result in me dying.

He sighed, "Stay here." With that, the blond boy ran into the house, despite the many authorities telling him to stop or forcefully trying to get him to stop.

With baited breath, I waited. We all waited, except some of us were actually doing something to try and stop the fire. To stop the madness happening.

After what felt like an eternity, Bax emerged from the breaking house with two bodies who were seemingly knocked out. Jake was on his back, his legs straddling Bax's hips and arms lazily strung around his neck. Rich was in Bax's arms, head lolling around lifelessly, while Jake was taking in strangled breaths.

He quickly handed over Rich to the paramedics who flocked around the boy worriedly.

The police gave Bax a talk before letting him leave with bashful looks on all of their faces. I cocked my head to the side in confusion, seeing how fast they had let Bax take Jake without much concern. The sandy blond haired boy only squinted his eyes, making sure Jake didn't fall off of his back.

"What did you tell them?" I asked curiously. Bax grunted a reply before nagging me.

"I can't believe this," he all but screeched at me. "You could've gotten killed, and now you act all high and mighty trying to go save this хуй and his little boyfriend, too. How did you even think that would work? You, carrying two bodies when you can barely run three minutes without telling me you're dying. And in a burning house no less. Are you охуел?"

Instead of answering him with sass, I muttered a reply quietly, "Don't diss me in Russian, your prick."

Bax chuckled bitterly before letting Jake fall to the floor. He began to walk off before stopping to talk to me.

"Go visit Rich, bring Jake to our house when you're done if he's up for it. I'm still mad at you, though."

He carried on walking, his long legs carrying his far in a short distance, but that didn't stop me from shouting at him. "It won't last for long, babe," I yelled out cheekily.

Bax turned around briefly, a faint blush staining his cheeks as he gave me a glare.

Rich rested in the hospital bed with burns up and down his arms and smaller burns along with cuts and such on his face. Jake fell asleep long ago, submitting to fatigue on the uncomfortable hospital chair.

Now normally in those stories where a character is in a hospital, you ask yourself "Where are their parents? Their child is in the hospital? Are you serious?" Well not in this case, nope. Rich's very beautiful and frantic mother was flirting around the hospital, trying to find everything that could make Rich more comfortable. The boy's dad was sitting in another hospital chair, worriedly, watching with a zoned out look as Jake kept to Rich and held his limp hand securely.

To be honest, I was watching too because oh boy, my ship is coming true.

Rich's mother, who I had learned to call Dorothy or Dodie for short, had burst into the room. The loud and sudden noise alerted both Jake and Mr. Goranski. Both jumping up protectively as Mr. Goranski stood in front of me and Jake who stood in front of Rich's hospital bed.

When the two had realized that it was just Dodie, they went back to their seats.

Mrs. Goranski went over and tapped Rich on the nose lightly. His eyelids fluttered open, eyes gazing at his mother tiredly.

"Mom?" He asked groggily. "Wait, where's Jake? Is he okay? He was- he was in the house and it was burning and-"

The heart beat monitor increased momentarily before Rich looked down to see that the person who was holding his hand was indeed Jake Dillinger.

"Oh, hello," Rich calmed down significantly, letting his mother put another pillow behind his head.

"Hi," Jake said cheerily with a large and bashful smile brandished on his face.

"Alright, lovebirds," Mr. Goranski interrupted. Rich's eyebrows went up upon seeing that I was there as well. "Jake is staying with us until further notice, and Y/N, are your parents okay with you being here?"

I completely blanked on what to say.

Repeat after me. My parents think it's nice that I have friends-

"My parents think it's nice that I have friends," I repeated shakily. I was so thankful that Bax had made an effort to help.

And when I told them that Rich was in the hospital they demanded I be a good friend-

"And when I told them that Rich was in the hospital," I pursed my lips. "They demanded I be a good friend."

Mrs. Goranski smiled at me, "Well your concern means a lot to us, dear. Would you like me to drive you home."

Tell them I'm coming to pick you up.

"No, thank you. My br-" Bax cut me off.

No, ew. Call me your boyfriend or something.

"My boyf-" I shivered, shaking my head and scrunching up my nose at what I was just about to say. "I'm sorry, I can't English right now. My... Bax is coming to get me."

Rich laughed before coughing, recovering quickly, "Tell him I said thanks for saving me."

You're not welcome.

Bax.

What? I said nothing wrong.

"I'll make sure he gets the message." After saying my goodbyes and casting a eye wiggling glance Jake's way, I left the hospital.

You should've called me your boyfriend.

Hush.