À La Prochaine

Originally posted on Archive of Our Own
It's by me too, the username is dirtyoldshoes as well.
Just a small bonus, that I hope you guys like

-

A soft smile danced across Dazai's thin pale lips as he gazed at the setting sun from the beach. Oda loved the sea, he remembered. And only now that he realized the reason why. It was certainly calming, breathe taking. He remembered how Oda also mentioned that he loved it the best when the sun was setting.

He choked out a sob as tears gathered in his eyes. The smile remained, his hands were clenched tightly into fists, the right clutching flower petals was placed on his chest. He took a deep breath as a droplet of tear fell from his eye, down to his cheek and to his chin, before falling down into the sand.

There were always times were Dazai hoped that he could go back to the day everything happened, where he could've saved his friend, where he should've left Mori rambling to himself and went to his friend much faster to save him from death.

But there were also times where Dazai wished he had managed to save the kids and the old man from the Mimic, and prevent Mori from revealing the hideout to the stupid organization. If only he knew much better to be able to save them, he would've done it.

Now he realized how Oda was right. Moving to the good side, saving the orphans, helping the good, it made his life better. He regretted nothing but the death of his friend and the people he cared.

His right hand was slowly outstretched forward as his curled fingers slowly started to loosen, and the wind blew the petals from his grasp, flowing with it and landing elegantly upon the sea's surface, flowing along with the wave.

"You know, Kunikida-kun." He spoke to his partner behind him, his tears kept falling uncontrollably as he fought to keep his voice unshaken and unbroken.

To be honest, the blond man had never seen his partner like this. It surely wasn't the Dazai Osamu he knew. He knew that The brunet hid a lot of secrets. He now knew that Dazai was once in the Port Mafia, that he had connections with Ango Sakaguchi, but he certainly did not know that it was never a duo, it was supposed to be a trio.

Before continuing, Dazai turned around smiling so softly without minding the tears, "I don't regret getting into the Agency. Not at all."

Truthfully, there was nothing that Kunikida could comprehend to understand what was the other man was talking about. He couldn't bring himself to understand what Dazai was talking about. Everything seemed so fuzzy and blurry, it was unclear. "Dazai, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"He loved the sea, Kunikida-kun, Odasaku loved the sea."

If he wasn't mistaken, he'd heard the name before. Although it was, Oda Sakunosuke. He remembered that Fukuzawa once told him about this man before. How this Oda was smart and stealthy, the two didn't have a good relationship. "Odasaku? You mean, Oda Sakunosuke?"

"Ah, you know him." Dazai breathed out, chuckling bitterly.

"Not quite, the president talked about him once." Kunikida replied, fixing his glasses. "I've never meet him in person before."