"Coincidental." (Part 3)

Hello again This is the last part !
~
Millie giggled, "What?"

"I know this might sound crazy, but do you wanna go outside with me?" Finn's eyes lit up, which made Millie laugh.

"I would love to actually."

She came to her feet, stretching her body to its maximum height.

Finn grabbed her hand and bit his lip.

A cool breeze hit their faces and Millie shivered, as they made it outside.

"It's quite cold..." She muttered to herself.

Finn started pulling his jacket off and a big smile broke across Millie's face.

He laid it carefully over her slender shoulders.

"Aren't you freezing?" Millie asked, feeling bad
seeing him in only a knitted sweather.

"I just want you to be comfortable..." He said in a soft tone.

Her eyes wandered down to the white ground, a smile on her face.

Finn tucked his hands in his pockets and shuffled his feet, the color on his face deepening.

"That was stupid... I'm sorry."

Millie grabbed his waist and drew him close.

He was shocked at first, but put his arms around her shoulders eventually.

"Thank you for a lovely night!" She whispered and his heart fluttered.

(...)

"Then what happened next?" A small girl squealed from her chair.

"Did you kiss?" Another one said.

"Ew... Jessica!" A little boy wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Dad?"

Finn leaned back in his chair and smiled.

"We did not kiss!"

"I told you!" The smaller boy shouted at his sister, as she rolled her eyes.

"Then what did you do?" They sat on the edge of their seats.

"We made beautiful children." He grinned, making all the kids gasp.

"No, we didn't..." Their mother walked into the kitchen, kissing her husband on the forehead.

Finn laughed and grabbed her hand.

"Why don't you tell them what happened then?" He gave her a genuine smile.

"Where in the story are we?" Millie asked, sitting down beside her youngest.

"He gave you his jacket and then you hugged him!!" The little girl said in excitment.

"Well... We met up every day in the coffee shop and I saw Nancy again... When your dad turned 22 a few weeks later, we had our first kiss-"

"Ew!"

"Jeremy!" Jessica laughed and hit his shoulder.

"It's cute... I can't believe our great-grandma basically brought you two together!" she muttered, leaning her elbow on the wooden table.

"Wow! You're right..." Millie replied, while giggling.

Finn grabbed his wife's hand and smiled.

"It must have happened for a reason."
~
What a plot twist... This was a lot different than any of my other one shots, but i hope you still enjoyed it!
Love you fr♡

~ Emily