"Just stay close to me..." + bonus chapter!

Hello
I orginally planned on making a "Mileven one-shots" book, but that never happened... So here is one that I made a while ago and never published... Enjoy!!
PS; this was written in lowercase, sorry 'bout that
Mike: 13 years old
Eleven aka El: 13 years old
~
the hot rays of the sun beat down vertically and a soft wind hit their faces. a petite girl with short brown hair smiled at the sight, gripping Mike's hand even harder.

he turned his head to the side and smiled. El looked up at him and squinted her eyes, a tiny dimple dancing in the corner of her lips.

"oh son of a bitch!" a loud voice shouted.

Mike rolled his eyes and looked away from hers, meeting Dustin's light blue ones. a look of confusion written across his face.

"what?" he asked, his voice having that annoyed edge.

Dustin took off his signature cap and ran a hand through his light brown curls. the corners of his mouth lifted upwards into a smile.

"stop being so cute and get in the water - Max, Lucas and Will are already in." he told them and struggled to pull of his shoe, before he threw it down on a towel.

Mike chuckled and looked over at El. her lips were pursed into a small pout and those big hazel eyes wide with fear.

"water?" she spoke softly.

he let go of her hand, walking over to their spot on the ground. he mentioned for her to come over as she sat down on a cushion.

"is this your first time swimming?" Mike asked her gently, while looking through the backpack they brought with them. El nodded her head and nibbled down on her bottom lip anxiously.

"it's not that deep. just stay close to me and you'll be fine." he said as he pulled out two towels and laid them down carefully.

she nodded, a genuine smile now visible on her lips.

Mike stretched his hand out for her to take when they were ready to get in. their fellow friends were already soaking wet and splashing around in the clear water.

they stepped forward and El let out a small shriek, it was cold and wet sand squished between their toes. she gripped Mike's arm, goosebumps on her skin and quivered at the touch.

"you okay?" he asked with a laugh.

she took another step, the water going further up her waist.

"so cold." she replied, running her hands up and down her bare upper arms.

Mike smirked and slowly lowered his body under the surface of the water. he came back up and shook his head like a dog, smiling from ear to ear.

El widened her eyes, while she crossed her arms over her chest.

"it's not that cold..." he muttered and ran a hand through his wet hair, a small smirk on his face.

she glared at him and pressed her lips together. Mike gently grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the water with him.

Max, Lucas, Will and Dustin turned their heads and bursted into a fit of laughter, as the two of them disappeared underwater.

Mike was the first one to get up. he exhaled a deep breath and laughed loudly. his laughter died down and he looked around, not seeing El anywhere.

"El? Eleven?!" he shouted out into the distance, a crippling feeling of anxiety washing over him.

the others approached him and looked around frantically.

"did you just drown her?!" Max spoke up, serious and genuinely worried.

Dustin grabbed the back of his head, while he exhaled short, staggered breaths.

"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" he said quickly, his voice containing the panic he felt.

all of a sudden Mike felt something grab his arm and dragged him down. El shook her head and giggled, water flying everywhere as she did so.

"don't scare me like that." he muttered and straightened his body, while everyone let out heavy sighs of relief.

she pulled him in for a hug and noticed the tears running down his face. her face softened as she wiped one away with her thumb.

"why are you crying?"

the others started laughing as a deep red invaded Mike's cheeks.

"i'm not! it's just the water." he replied. obviously trying to cover up the fact that he had gotten really scared.

El giggled and planted a kiss on his cheek. she ducked back underwater, Dustin following close behind.

"let's have some fun before the sun goes down!" the curly haired boy shouted, earning cheers and some happy faces from the rest.

Mike kept an eye on El the whole time. he made sure she was safe and wouldn't let anything happen to her again.
~
This book is also soo close to hitting 100k... I'm shocked. Thank you so much!!
Take care

~ Emily