11

To say the least, whatever that was back there, Mai thought it to be similar to the time back at the mansion when Masako was trapped and Mai had given her a key. The difference Mai figured out was that this time she wasnt transparent, she was a solid figure when she grabbed the necklace. As if she had teleported to a very familiar place, if that was the case she could easily escape, but would IT know? most likely but its worth a shot.

--------
Naru was quite stunned and for once, his face showed it. The rest of the gang stared at him as he hung up on Yaso. Everyone waited in anticipation for his next words and plan of action. Naru was silent for only a couple minutes, thinking and contemplating as to why an old relative of his former assistant wants to kill her, and also wondering how to break it to the gang of the info he had just recieved. "We may not be able to save Mai, or help her out." there, he said it. The rest of the groups expressions morphed from shock to confusion.
"Why's that?" the red haired nurse speaks out.
"Because this believe it or not is private family business between the entity and Mai herself. She doesnt know it yet, but theres nothing we can do to help her out that involves our abilities towards the entity." none liked that idea, they had to help Mai somehow.
"what about Mai?" monk wasked curiously.
"The only thing we can do is just be by her side and be her back bone. This thing is her relative, and if we interfered it wont be pretty for Mai."
"So now what do we do?" monk asked
"We wait." was the only two words Naru spoke before silence had once again taken over.

------
Im sry its short, ive been busy... I got a job and took morning shift which is like  4am to like 9:15am to sometimes 12:30pm... so ive been napping and being lazy.. forgive me for the long wait ik its been a few months and some
of you are getting anxious so i thought i give ya small chapter at the top of my head. Thx for all your patience guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter even if its small af.