Flames (A Magcon Fanfic)

Chapter One
---------------

It was the pain that woke me. Shooting up my leg in all different directions, it had to be the most awful thing I've ever felt.

My eyes opened and I pulled my feet away from the flames at the end of my bed-

My eyes darted around the smoke filled room and I began to scream.
"Mom!" I screamed. "Dad?!" "Someone?!"

My throat was dry and smoke was beginning to fill my lungs.

I knew they were gone. The flames were everywhere, blocking my door and licking the ceiling and the walls.

I would never see the outside again.

Then I had an idea. I climbed off of my bed, careful not to get too close to the fire. I crawled under my bed to get to the window. I stood up and tried to unlatch the window lock.

It wouldn't budge and I was losing oxygen.

I panted with the effort while pulling at the lock as hard as I could. I finally turned away and grabbed an extra wooden piece that had came off of my bed.

I reared back and slammed the wooden board through the window, the shattered glass landing all over my bare feet.

My vision became fuzzy and my grip on the windowsill became weaker.

But with one last effort, I shoved my body through the window, landing in a heap on the grass, listening to the sirens in the distance, coming to save people who were already gone.

At least that's what I thought.

But I didn't die.

No.

I stayed very much alive. I escaped with only a few scars, two less parents, and nowhere to call home.