Chaper 8

Chapter 8

Thongs of screaming girls behind me shoved and climbed on top of one another to get a better view of Taylor Caniff, Shawn Mendes and the two Jacks entering the stage.

Except for Maeve, Kasey and I.

We had front row seats right smack in the middle of the room.

The colorful lights swirled around the dark room, pumping the crowd up as they all began to sing.

I grabbed my phone, recording the whole thing and singing along at some parts.

During Shawn's solo, his eyes met mine and he smiled at me, and I swear I had a mini heart attack.

The event continued, with all the other boys coming on stage and making jokes and doing random things.

The crowd was completely hyped, especially when the boys all had a twerking contest.

Taylor and Hayes were the final two.

I chanted Taylor's name and a bunch of people started calling out Hayes and Taylor's names.

It came to a tie and the crowd went crazy.

I took tons of pictures so that I could remember it for a long time.

Soon, too soon, the boys said their goodbyes and walked off the stage.

The lights came back on and people that didnt have meet and greet tickets began to exit the room.

A staff member came up to the microphone on the stage.

"All people with meet and greets please report to the right side of the room.

Chaos began to ensue as girls ran for the side.

And please! Get in an organized line,"

The staff member begged and girls fought over who got there first.

We took our places towards the middle of the line.

A girl behind me tapped me on the shoulder as Maeve and Kasey were talking about who they were going to take pictures with first.

The girl pointed to the lower part of my leg, where a long, purplish scar ran from my ankle to my upper shin.

"How did that happen?"She asked curiously, tilting her head and waiting for my answer.

"I-um-It was burned in a fire." I stuttered looking down.

How could I have been so stupid?

I was actually feeling confident about my appearance but my ugly scar wasn't covered up.

She touched my shoulder lightly.

"I didn't mean to seem rude. I just thought it was interesting. You shouldn't be ashamed about it, if people judge you for it, then shame on them because they don't know half the things you've probably been through," the girl said, shuffling forward as our line moved up.

I smiled at her.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Charlotte, but you can call me Charlie," she said.

We exchanged numbers and I got in Taylor's line first since I wanted to go in a sort of order.

When it was my turn, I slowly walked up.

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and said

"Hmm.. You look familiar, where do I know you from?"

"Hmm... I don't know.. I guess I'll just have to give you some time to think," I said sassily , pretending to walk away.