Chapter 6

(A/N) I'm not giving anything away but this chapter should be interesting

:)

Chapter 6

!!!!!!!!1!111!

Maeve's POV

I sat on the couch flipping through the channels.

"Mae!" Megan called out from another room.

I rolled my eyes at her nickname.

"What?" I screamed back.

"Can you go get me some ice from the ice machine because its really hot," Megan yelled back.

Um, hellooo, I was trying to watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Instead I yelled back,

"Sure!"

I walked into hallway, and followed the signs that said where the ice machine was located. i walked around a little corner and-

Slammed into someone, falling towards the ground.

At the last second, a pair of strong hands grabbed my arms, pulling me back up.

"Thanks," I mumbled looking down.

"That was a close one huh," a deep voice said.

A deep, familiar, voice.

I looked up into the warm brown eyes of none other than Carter Reynolds, who currently had a full smile stretched across his face.

Wow, that smile was beautiful I've never-

A ringing cell phone interrupted my thoughts.

I dug through my pockets, but carter nudged me and pointed to the source of the ringing, his phone.

While Carter answered his call, I began to fill up my ice bucket.

I heard a terrified wail from behind me, and whipped around dropping the bucket.

I located the source of the noise. Carter stood rigid, eyes wide, staring at the phone on the floor.

"Carter..?.."

I took a step toward him and he backed against the wall, sliding down it, and putting his face in his hands, quiet sobs beginning to wrack his body.

I quietly sat next to him, wrapping my arms around him, because that's what my mom does to me when I'm upset.

Carter looked up at me with bleary eyes,

"My dad died," he whispered, looking straight into my eyes.

"Oh, Carter..." I said hugging him tightly, tears beginning to fill my eyes too.

What? I'm a sensitive person.

"I bet he loved you so much, Carter. I bet you made him proud. He knows how much you love him. Look at where you are today. You've already come so far and I bet he'll be watching down on you, Carter," I whispered.

"He's gone,

But never forgotten."

Cater hugged me tightly and said shakily,

"Thank you. I needed to hear that."

He rested his head against my shoulder still lightly crying.

My heart broke for him. I had no idea of what his dad was like, because I had never met him, and I didn't properly know Carter.

But it was awful to see him in this much pain.

And so I started to cry with him.

Megan's POV

I walked down the hallway.

Why on earth was it taking Maeve this long?

I rounded a corner and saw Maeve and Carter on the floor embracing one another, Carter clutching her for dear life, his head turned down.

Maeve slowly looked up at me, tears sliding silently down her cheeks.

My eyes widened and I turned around and ran.

What hotel room are the boys staying at I really need to find them what if something awful has happened I need-

I ran right into the security guard.

"Hey," he frowned looking down at me.

"I need to see them it's an emergency!"

I rushed the words, stumbling over them.

He studied my flushed cheeks and scared eyes and led me to a door, knocking on it.

Shawn opened it.

Shawn's POV

I opened the door to see Megan, standing there with frightened eyes and a frown upon her face.

"I found Carter and Maeve and they were crying and really upset what if something happened Shawn?"

She said all this really fast.

"Show me where," I said, taking her hand.

She led me down the hall and to the ice machine and around a corner.

I texted Aaron and Nash to come here right now.

We turned the corner and I saw them.

They were huddled together on the floor,Carter had his arm around her and she had her head on his shoulder.

Carter wiped his eyes and stood up when he saw us, extending a hand out to Maeve and pulling her up.

Carter was the first to speak.

"I lost my dad."

I pulled him in for a man hug,

"I'm so sorry," I said to him.

Megan stepped forward and hugged him too, apologizing for his loss.

"What do you want to do?" I asked him.

"We can go back to our hotel room-"

Maeve opened her mouth to speak

"-all of us," he said looking at Maeve, then continuing,

"And I should probably call my mom and sort everything out."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

We walked back to the hotel room in silence.

Megan's POV

-------------

We all silently walked back to the hotel room.

I remembered I was holding Shawn's hand and let go, blushing.

The next few days were hard.

After Kasey heard about it, the boys flew us all back to North Carolina for the funeral and Magcon was postponed.

I've never seen the boys so serious.

There were no jokes made, and the mood was solemn.

Once we were on the flight back to LA everybody lightened up.

Carter told everyone that his dad would have wanted him to be happy and that he couldn't stand his friends being so quiet.

The downfall of this is that we didnt talk to the boys much since everyone was sad.

But,...

Magcon was back on!

(A/N) I hope you liked it💕 I didn't really want the boys an the girls to bond so much in this chapter bc I'm waiting, but there were some intense moments. The next chapter will be up either tonight or tomorrow and I'm starting it as the day they finally get ready to go to Magcon.

REMINDER: I haven't really checked for spelling errors or what not .