Chapter 4

Angelo stretched, she slipped out of bed in slow movements. Mornings were never her favourite time, but this one had a beautiful haze to it, she was still slouchy and grouchy nonetheless.

"I'm gonna skip school today, not like mum and dad would notice." She mumbled, she took a shower and got dressed and left without alerting Lux.

'He'll think I'm at school,' Angelo thought and went to her favourite spot to hide.

She and Jared went there as kids all the time. When his brother died he went there and she consoled him.
But when Angelo got bullied she went there and didn't find him, he promised to never leave her, but he did...

She arrived at the creek, it was a shady place, with willow trees and flowers, Angelo often dug nearby the creek and found things like wild onions or other edible plants or herbs. She and Jared had another spot and usually bought food there and their findings by the creek and created a small meal, to give them a camping experience.

A tear leaked from Angelo's eyes from the memories, she wiped it away hastily and looked at the fishes in the water. Trying to bury her pain, to forget those memories.

Jared had decided to revisit the creek again. He had been here from time to time, just to reminisce in what he lost, he had stopped being friends with Angelo a long time ago, so long that there was no going back now.

All he could do was reminisce.

But when he reached the creek he saw Angelo sitting there by herself watching the water. "Streams?" Jared questioned as he came forward.

Angelo turned around, "no it's a creek?" She said confused.

"Haha very funny," Jared rolled his eyes. "What're you doing here?" He asked curiously.

"Could ask you the same thing." Angelo stood up and approached him, she crossed her arms and looked at him sternly.

"I asked first." He said with a straight face, crossing his arms, 'she looks hot' Jared thought but then mentally scolded himself for thinking that.

Angelo was wearing a grey cardigan and had a black shirt, she had blue shorts as well, her outfit was simplistic. The most noticeable thing was the locket around her neck, the gold heart.

"I'm not answering till you answer, Mist." Angelo shot back, 'he looks better now than he did when we were children...' Angelo thought but slapped herself for thinking that. She didn't mentally do it, she actually slapped herself.
"There was a bug." She lied.

"Mhm," Jared said nodding his head as he looked over her shoulder. He came to the creek every month, but it seemed to get more beautiful every time. 'Not as beautiful as Angelo though...' where was all this coming from?!

"Well, answer me." Angelo said simply.

"No," he said stubbornly, truth is he didn't wanna tell Angelo that he missed her.

"Well fine, but leave the plants and fish alone, I dibs them." She turned on her heel and returned to the creek, deciding that she wanted to feel like a maiden in the olden days she dug up for some edible plants.

"What are you doing?" Jared looked at her weirdly.

"Gathering ingredients for dinner, like we did when we were kids, pretending that we were hunters and gatherers." Angelo smiled at herself, she found wild onions and a few other plants that she recognised. She used the water in the creek to wash off the dirt, fishes swam to her to inspect her hands.