Chapter 21

Few months past, the end of the year nearing, the cold season had taken over. Beautiful shades of blue and white, the smell of coffee filled the air in the school, this was usually the time when people got coffee to warm them up. Isabella and Parker continued to strengthen their bond while Angelo and Jared weakened theirs. Alas what can be done? His heart was as cold as this winters air.

"Wahh!" Angelo yelped when her locker got shut by someone else other than herself, she was too dazed to notice the boy's presence but when the sound of her locker banging shut ripped through her thoughts she noticed. She smiled at the blond boy with gorgeous forest green eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry," George apologised. "I didn't mean to scare you, it's just you didn't respond the first five times."

"Sorry hun, I was in my own world..." Angelo sighed, truthfully she was thinking of Jared, he was the only thing running through her mind, every single day, second, minute, she was thinking about him.

She kept wondering if it was her, if she hurt him, if he was even telling the truth about loving her, a feeling deep down in her kept screaming yes. But she forced herself to think no, why you may ask? Why is she denying her heart? Nobody knows, the past is the past but it plays in her mind like a fresh memory, she just wished to let go of it, to let go of him.

"Ahh!" Another loud sound woke her up from her thoughts, although her heart ached for Jared, she really ought to listen to whatever George was saying...

"You seem rather jumpy today," George said as he looked at her with concern. "I asked if you wanna hang out after school?"

"Oh! Why do you wanna hang out with me all of a sudden? I thought you wouldn't have spoken to me ever again after the debutante...people still call me party crasher! But they also call me detective Streams so that's an upside..." Angelo said to mainly herself.

"I like spending time with you. You're funny and so what if people call you a party crasher?" George said determinedly.

"Well ok, why not?" Angelo smiled and pecked him on the cheek to get him eager for their date.

"Great," George grinned at her and walked off to his next class.

What they both didn't know was that Jared was at the end of the corridor listening to every word they said and could feel his blood boil at the sight of Angelo with someone else.

~

After school Angelo stood by a tree, all of its branches were covered in a sheet of snow, Angelo wore her black jacket which gave her a mysterious vibe.

George walked up to her, grinning. He was wearing a navy blue jacket, making his pale skin stand out. "Ready to go?" He asked her.

"Sure!" Angelo smiled and started walking with him.

They walked to the coffee shop near the school and hurried in. "Jesus it's cold outside." George said rubbing his hands together, not noticing the fact Jared was sitting at one of the tables in the back.

"Fun fact, me and Jared always hung out here when we were 12, the owners gave us free hot chocolate!" Angelo smiled then frowned at the memory.

George smiled at her politely, trying to hide his jealousy. He was jealous of Jared and Angelo's closeness. "That's cool." He says calmly and leads them to a secluded corner.

"Oh not that corner! Him and I usually drew in this corner, I'd bring paper and pencils and...I'm sorry, I shouldn't be talking about that," Angelo sighed deeply.

"Oh it's okay." George said still smiling at her. He knew he would never replace Jared, at least not in her eyes. He still hadn't noticed Jared. He led Angelo to a table which was only a few tables away from Jared.