Chapter Two - London Bound

Hey people! I am really happy and thankful to all those who read this and voted! Mega-Thanks! :D Anywho here is the next chapter. Have a great time reading!

~Kita;P

I walked into my house with all my shopping bags and immediately my mother asked what it was all for. I told her how I had won the contest and she congratulated me and went to call everyone in her phone to brag on me to. I headed to my bedroom and took out the letter. They had sent my first weeks of work to me, since I had to wait till next weekend to fly there. My school let out this Wednesday, so I didn't miss my graduation and I would have enough time to pack. I read the instructions.

Write an article about your feeling as you are about to leave behind one phase of your life and begin a new one.

Seems easy enough. I sat down on my bed and grabbed my laptop.

In our lives we face many changes and I am about to go through one of the biggest of my entire life. I graduate this year,2012, and then I will start my journey of all the ups and downs of college life. We begin our schooling at age five and we stay in this phase of our life for thirteen years. Then we have to rip ourselves from the 'safety' net of people we have known most of our lives and readjust our lives for college living. More freedom, new people, WE ARE ON OUR OWN. I have not experienced the other side,yet, but I do know that as soon as I step off that stage with my diploma, I will be bawling my eyes out, because I have met some amazing people at my school and I might not ever get to see them again. Yet again, I never have to see all the snobs,jocks, and miscreants that plagued the halls either. Really it's a win-win. Then there are those unfortunate few who chose to date and have ,sadly, fallen in love. I for one do not have to worry about that, because I chose not to let my hormones, I mean emotions run free and pick who I would have to live with the rest of my life. In each of our lives there are stages, I am coming to the end of one, am I upset, some yes, but it's not because I will miss going to school 5 days/week from 8-3. No, I am happy about that, am I scared of college, yeah a little, but who isn't? I'm ready for a new beginning, even though it is  a little sad seeing this one go.

~Hailie Reynold

After I finished the paper, I went to go pack. I had bought two huge suitcases a few months back, so I started filling them with clothes. I decided to make a list of all the things I would need.

Packing List:

Clothes: 20 tee-shirts, 10 pairs of pants(jeans and slacks), 4 pairs of jean shorts, 2 pair of basketball shorts, 15 of my favorite pajamas, 6 pair of sweatpants, 15 nice t-shirts, 10 blouses, 3 skirts, 10 pair of socks, 30 pair of underwear, 8 tank tops, 2 jackets, and 1 favorite hoodie. Shoes: green converse, black flats, black heels, 5 flip flops, 2 tennis shoes.

Other Things: 2 toothbrushes, 1 tube of toothpaste, face creams, lotions, contact solution, glasses/case, contact case, book to read, ipod dock, laptop, headphones, journal, portfolio, body spray.

When I finished packing everything I wouldn't need to use until the day of the flight, I went and got on twitter for awhile. I secretly stalk One Direction on there, so I am usually on there every 30 minutes or so. I read every update and re-tweeted a few things before going to bed. That night I had dreams of London and being lost in a sea of screaming girls. I woke up in cold sweats.

The next morning, Sunday, I got up and went to church and hung out with my family the whole day. The few days of school left dragged out really long. I was kinda glad, I was going to miss everyone. I made sure I had the numbers of all the people I cared about, before the last bell rang on that last day. That night I received my diploma and went to a party at my friend Preston's house.