Chapter 26

Ali's POV

What? Did he seriously just ask me that? What do I say? What should I do?

Think Ali, think.

If I say yes, he'll be happy. But, will I?

If I say no, he'll be crushed. He'll think that something is up. Maybe he'll think that I love Taylor. What if their friendship is ruined? I don't want to be responsible for that. Plus, me and Matt's friendship will be in the gutter. I can't let that happen. Magcon will be so awkward, and what about the fans?

There was only one thing to say.

"Yes."

He looked surprised, but thrilled.

"Really?"

"Yeah!" I said, still comprehending what I had just agreed to.

"This is so great, Ali." He said smiling uncontrollably.

If I was going to be in another relationship, I needed to set rules and boundaries.

"But, there has to be one rule."

"What? Anything." He replied.

"We have to be 100% honest with eachother, Matthew."

"Okay, I promise." He said.

Now is your time! I thought. Tell him about Taylor.

"I don't want our relationship to crash and burn. So, that means I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"I kissed Taylor on New Years."

Matt's POV

"I kissed Taylor on New Years."

I wasn't surprised. I had a suspicion that it would happen sooner or later.

Sure, I was upset. But I couldn't make a big deal out of it. Considering I did something much worse.

"Okay." I spoke.

"You're okay with it?" She asked.

"Yeah, just...don't let it happen again. Please?"

"Of course Matt."

"Good."

"So, is there anything you need to get off your chest?" She questioned.

Come on Matt, now is your time. You're both confessing things. Just tell her about Mary, she won't get mad. If I'm not mad, she won't get mad.

No, I can't. She doesn't even need to know. She's never going to find out. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

"No, just that...I really like you."

She smiled warmly. "Me too."

I couldn't help but wonder if she was telling the truth.

I mean, she kissed Taylor. So did she like him, or me?

Well, I kissed Mary. And I still liked Ali. Of course she liked me, she was my girlfriend!

I knew I had competition: Taylor. Since I did, I needed to show her how much I cared. I needed to prove I was better than him.

What about Taylor though? How did he feel about Ali?

I wasn't mad at him. I mean yeah, he kissed her knowing I really liked her. But it would be so hypocritical of me to go off on him about it. Since, I kissed Mary.

And since Ali was my girlfriend now, he would back off. I didn't want to rub it in his face however. He was one of my best friends.

I wouldn't tell him directly about our relationship. I would just subtly say it if it came up in a conversation.