Chapter VII

We were going to this place called the mall

Apparently it's were you get clothes.
We went into the place called 'parking lot' and then got out of the car.

"Where are we going now?" I asked.

"Well, since I got Novenos credit card declined the last time, we can't go too crazy. I'm thinking H&M then Charlotte Ruse and then Aldo because mamma needs some new shoes!" Kim squealed.

We walked in through the huge glass doors. The place was massive. I almost had a panic attack from all the people.

"I'm gonna be at the food court, so call when your done." Landon said, starting to walk off, but Kim grabbed his arm.

"Oh, no. You're not going anywhere. I need someone to hold our bags."

"Awwww, but I don't wanna." Landon whined.

"You have to. Or I'll tell Nova you made his fragile, little mate hold a bunch of heavy bags all on her own."

Landon groaned glaring at Kim.

"Are you two always like this?" I asked.

"Pretty much." They said in unison.

I giggled as Kim pulled me along.

What she called 'shopping' was the most boring thing on the planet. Kim was excited about forcing me into new clothes that  I'll admit, looked nice, but she spent forever finding trying to find them. She wouldn't let me get any comfy looking sweaters, only these things called cropped sweaters, which are sweaters that don't cover my stomach. When i tried it on, every time there was a draft, my stomach got all cold. A sweater is useless if you still feel cold!

I should have followed Landon and tried to go to the food court. He ended holding six bags which didn't look heavy but actually had a bunch of stuff in them. Finally, Kim was satisfied and we started walking. As we walked I spotted a farmiliar sign.

"Disney!!!!" I squealed in excitment. I ran into the store. Disney heaven. I got a bunch of t-shirts and sweaters. They were even playing Moana. I sat and watched with all the little kids and made Landon sing 'How Far Ill Go" with me. That was the only good part about the entire mall trip.
We must have stayed late because it was already dark and most of the cars in the parking lot were gone.
Landon walked further behind us complaining that the bags were ripping his arms off.
Kim laughed. But I felt bad and tried to help him.
He wouldn't let me though.
We put the bags in the trunk of the car, and started to go back home.
Cars play music too so we were listening to music as we went.

I didn't know the words to the song but Kim and Landon did.

As the song ended, though, a large furry creature suddnely jumped in front of the car.

Landon swerved to avoid it. The creatured stayed in the headlights and I realized it was a wolf.

"Shit." Landon said.

"Landon, he looks like a rouge." Kim said,  her eyes narrowing.

"Guys, what's going on?"  I asked, getting nervous.

"It's okay, Elle. Everything's fine." Kim said, reaching back to pat my knee. 

"Okay, I'm gonna get out. If anything happens, Kim, I want you to take the driver's seat and get Elle to the pack house okay?"

Kim nodded. Landon opened the car door and walked out, closing it behind him.

He walked up to the wolf. Compared to him, the wolf was massive almost up to Landon's chest.

Landon seemed to talk to it for a while, but it started to growl at him. Suddenly another wolf, this one pitch black with stormy eyes emerged from the surrounding woods on the other side of Landon.

The first wolf pounced. Landon dodged it.

Kim jumped into the front seat and started to drive out.

"Wait, no! We can't leave him." I cried.

"It's okay, Elle. He's the Gamma for a reason."

I turned back. Only to see Landon, growing and expanding. His clothes ripped and suddenly he was on all fours. A wolf; just like the ones around him. The other wolves jumped on him, gripping his neck and back. He twisted them off and then dissapeared into the darkness when the car lights no longer illuminated them.

That's when I remembered all the stories my dad told me as a child. Of werewolves.

They all came rushing back. I had thought they were just stories. But suddenly I remembered that they hadn't been stories. They'd been warnings.

The dangerous things my dad told me about. The reason he never let me go outside was because of them. Werewolves.

There were good ones. But there are bad ones too.

I remembered he told me.

"Elle, those bad ones will hurt you."

I was just begining my personal patroling rounds around the territory when Kim mindlinked me

Noveno. We've got rouges.

What? Is Elle alright?

She's fine. We're driving to the pack house now.

Good. What about Landon?

He went out to confront the rouges, but they attacked him. He told me to go if anything happended. I tried mindlinking him, but he won't respond.

Where were you when it happened?

North. In the huma  zones. Just off Blood Water territory.

I'll send the trackers there to find him. Stay safe.

Will do.

Rouges. No way in hell it was because of our pack. Blood Water was slacking. They've always had a rouge problem. Mine as well as other packs have helped get rid of them. But if they were back, then there were a threat to all packs. And since my mate was here now, there was no exception.

Trenton and I would have to have a little chat.