Chapter XIII

I woke up early the next morning

I woke up early the next morning. Apparently not as early as Noveno, since he wasn't in bed.

Let's go find him. The voice said.

I jumped up, startled.

"Who said that?" I asked.
I looked around, checking the closet, bathroom and lastly the hallway for a sign of the person.

I did. The voice replied.

"Who are you?" I asked as I walked through the hall.

Erie.

The second 'Erie' said that, I fell to the floor.

Everything was hurting. As if everyone in my body was breaking. I screamed in pain and instantly Noveno, Parker, Landon and Kim, where next to me.

"What's wrong?"

"Is she hurt?"

"Elle, tell me what's wrong." Noveno's voice and touch eased the pain slightly.

"Everything hurts, Noveno. Make it stop!" I cried.

"I can't, baby. I think your shifting. There's not much I can do right now to help the pain. You're going to have to be strong, okay."

"I don't wanna be strong, this shit hurts!" I yelled.

"Okay, who taught her that? Landon?"

"What? It had to be done."

It seemed like hours before the pain stopped. Almost as if someone was sawing my limbs off, sewing them back on and then sawing them off again.

  And after all of that I felt fine, as if none of the pain had ever come. I felt refreshed and stronger. I stood up, and instantly felt different. For one thing, I was standing on paws.

So this is what Noveno meant when he said I was shifting.

 Her wolf was beautiful

Her wolf was beautiful. Her fur was a milky brown with white on her paws, ears, belly and tail. She had a patch of slightly darker brow fur on her back legs.  Her eyes were a bold amber, blending perfectly with her fur.

She was different though. From her human side you would have expected her wolf to be just as small.

She could easily tower over a beta wolf, only slightly smaller than the average alpha. Whatever wolf genes she had, they had definitely come from an alpha.

I knelt down in front of her. I could tell her wolf was in control, but her eyes flickered between Elle's brown eyes and her wolf's amber ones.

Mate! Her wolf purred over the mindlink. It surprised me for a moment before I remembered Elle could use the mindlink after her first shift.

Hello. I linked. What's your name?

Erie. Elle's wolf linked back, playfully nudging me.

Hi, Erie. Can I have Elle back? I'm assuming she's pretty confused right now.

She whimpered reluctantly.

I promise if you do this, I'll spend a whole day with only you, okay?

She yipped happily. Erie's eyes clouded for a second before Elle's eyes became visible.

She looked surprised and nervous when she returned. She opened her mouth as if she was trying to speak, but shut it in surprise when a bark came out instead.

I turned towards Kim.

" Can you get a blanket or something to cover her with?" I asked.

She nodded and walked down the hall.

"Elle, I need you to shift back. Think you can do that?" I asked her.

She stared at me. She obviously wasn't going to do it.

"I promise, it won't hurt nearly as much as the first time, and if it does, I will make you peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches for a week, anytime you want. All you have to do is focus on your human side and you'll shift. " I told her.

    Bribery was the best motivation, because within seconds she had shifted back.

Kim wasn't back with the blanket so I shooed Landon and Parker off, covering Elle.

Kim finally came back and we wrapped the blanket around Elle's body.

"You okay, Elle-Bell?" Kim asked.

"No. Erie won't stop talking. I've only know her for two minutes and she's annoying me."

"Well, your wolf does hold a part of your personality."

"Yeah, maybe. But at least I don't repeat one sentence a billion times." Elle growled thumping herself in the head.

Kim and I laughed as we walked Elle back to the bedroom.

I could already tell there would be even more chaos  around.

~~~~~~~~~ 

Peace love and penguin blood✌❤🐧🔪