Chapter XVIIII

"Why are you calling so late? Why are you calling at all?" My father asked a hint of suspicion in his voice

  "I found my mate." I said, looking back at the door Elle had just walked through.

  "I know."

"What? How?"

"Word travels."

"Well, then I assume you already know about the situation." I sighed.

"What, is she not putting out? You can alwa-"

"Dad, do you really think I'm calling this late for sex advice?" I tense, only silence on the other end.

"She's Trenton's daughter." I said, selling myself.

"Lilly?"

"No. Her younger sister."

"But, she went missing ages ago."

"Yeah, well she's here now and she's my mate. The only issue is Trenton thinks this is his chance to finally take Lunar Shdaow for himself. And this time I think he's willing to fight for it. I'm just-" I paused, breathing deeply. "I'm asking for your help. We don't know what we're up against and I need to protect my pack."

"Noveno, I need to protect my pack too. You know about our peace policy, if I throw them into a battle now, how do you think they'll react to anything else I promise?"

"I know that it might look bad, but you know you miss it, the thrill of a fight. And I'm sure many of the others do too." I couldn't tell if I was breaking his resolve at all.

"You're mother will hate it."

"She doesn't have to know."

He sighed.

"I'll consider it."

"Dad, I don't have time for consideration. Trenton could attack at any time and we'd have no defense."

  "I said, I'll consider it."

The phone went quiet.

  I clutched it in my hands, struggling not to crack it.

If he didn't want to help, so be it. We just had to play smarter. Our only asset was Lilly. She knew the most about Blood Water.

Until we could get something out of her, our main focus had to be defense. I linked Landon and Kim.

  Organize a party to surround the perimeter of the territory. We'll meet at the North lake.

I made my way back to the bedroom, slowly opening the door.

"Noveno, your back." Elle said with a smile. The lights were on she was wearing my shirt.

  "Why aren't you asleep?" I laughed, sitting next to her.

"You told me to wait for you." She laid her head down in my lap and reached up to poke my cheek. "I waited."

"I know and thank you for that. But, you could have went to sleep, I know you're tired." I took her hand and brought it to my lips.

She only giggled. "You need to shave again. You're all stubbly."

  I leaned down and rubbed my face against hers. She cried out, trying to push my away.

Finally, I stopped the torture and kissed her softly. "Listen, I have to go."

"Go? Go, where?"

"Out."

"Out, where?"

I smiled. "Don't worry. Landon, Kim and plenty of other pack members are coming."

"Why can't I come?" Elle whined, sitting up.

My wolf copied her whine at the loss of touch.

  I pulled her in again. "Becuse it's too dangerous for you to be out this late and I want you to get sleep. Is that a good reason?"

"Yes." She sighed, giving my a light smile. "Alright, but be safe, okay?"

"I will."

I woke up an stretched, the other side of the bed were Noveno usually was, was empty and cold

  Standing, I walked downstairs to see Parker and Lilly on the couch, cuddling.

My inner Landon wanted to gag.

"Morning love birds." I said, moving to the kitchen.

"Hey, Elle." They barely replied, eyes still in each other.

Were Noveno and I this bad?

"Hey, Parker? Do you know if everyone's back yet?" I asked, pulling open the fridge.

"Back? From what?" He finally took his eyes of my sister, flashing me a confused look.

"No one told you? Noveno, Landon, Kim and some other pack members went out last night. I guess they're not back."

"Shit, the perimeter check! I completely forgot. Noveno's gonna kill me." Parker sighed, running a hand over his face. "They're probably switching shifts now. Ill just have to cover daytime to make up for it. I'm sorry baby, I have to go. I'll see you tonight." He kissed Lilly on and rushed out.

"Have you had breakfast?" I asked. "I can make cereal and- that's it."

Lilly laughed, making her way over.

"I can make something for us." She said.

I moved off to the side as she took what she needed from the fridge.

"So, how's mated life?" I asked.

She smiled. "Amazing. Parker is everything I've ever wanted and more. He's sweet and kind. He gives me everything I need."

"Are we thinking of the same Parker?" I ask.

We laugh.

"I can't wait to bring him back with me." She says as she whisks some eggs.

"Bring him back? Where?"

"Back to Blood Water of course. I don't expect you to know this, but a mated couple always joins the pack of the higher rank mate. Since I'm an Alpha's daughter, Parker will be coming to Blood Water with me."

___

this chapter is a little on the shorter side, sorry. hope y'all still enjoyed. and feel free to comment! i love to read comments cuz i really want to know where y'all want this story to go!