Chapter XXIII

[warning: smut]

[warning: smut]

  It felt good to be back in our bed, the thick sheets enveloping me. My eyes were heavy but I couldn't sleep.

  My body was accustomed to having Noveno next to me, feeling his chest rise and fall gently.

  But he had called a meeting with Kim and Landon, insisting I stay in bed.

I sat up, my shirt bunching up at my hips. Or really Nova's shirt. I had my own pajamas, but his shirts were more comfortable. And he didn't mind me wearing them.

   The door opened suddenly, revealing a tired looking Noveno.

"Hey, you're back." I smiled as he sat down on the bed. "How the meeting go?"

  "Fine. We're slowly getting a plan in place." He pulled my into his arms securely.

"That's good."

He simply murmured in response, pressing his lips against my neck.

  I giggled. "What are you doing?"

  "Kissing you." He said, nipping playfully at my ear.

  His lips made their way across my cheek, my nose and finally down to my lips.

  I settled my hands at his neck and his in turn moved to my hips.

  My body naturally pulled closer to his. Noveno's grip tightened, lifting me onto his lap.

A strange sensation built inside me and I slowly rubbed against him, a soft moan escaping me.

"Elle," Noveno growled out, his voice raspy and deep. "I think we should stop. You're supposed to be resting and I-"

I quieted him with my lips, my hands gliding through his hair. He moaned when I tugged slighlty.

  But he broke the kiss again, laying me down onto the bed.

  With a soft smile he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, baby." He whispered, walking off to the bathroom.

  I had never really thought about sex. Not much after meeting Noveno and not at all
before.

But there was an undeniable urge in me. One that I wanted Nova to satisfy.

  I walked into the bathroom, smiling coyly when Noveno noticed me. He stood there in nothing but a towel.

"Didn't I tell you to go to sleep?" He said, rubbing a thumb over my cheek.

  "I know but I-" I paused noticing his eyes darkening.

"I can sense it." He spoke.

  "Sense what?"