Chapter IX

I woke up with Elle curled up next to me

I woke up with Elle curled up next to me. Her right leg was splayed across mine and her hand was in my hair.
How we'd managed to fall asleep like this, I had no idea.
I carefully untangled our bodies, trying not to wake Elle up.
But, that plan failed.
I'd barely moved at all before her eyes shot open.

"Morning." I said, kissing her forehead.

"Ow!" She cried, swatting me away.

"Ow?"

"Your face is all prickly."

I rubbed a hand over my jaw. Admittedly, I hadn't shaved in a while.

"Ok, I'll shave then."

"No, I kinda like it. It tickles."

Tickles? Is mate ticklish? my wolf asked.

Only one way to tell.

I dive back down onto the bed, tickling her sides. She had no reaction. Maybe she's not ticklish.
But, when I looked at her face I could see her holding back a laugh. And when I found the sweet spot behind her knees, she couldn't hold it in any longer. She laughed like mad, even snorting a few times.
She attempted to roll away from me, but every time I just picked her up and set her in front of me, starting the tickling spat all over again.

"Noveno stop. Have mercy!" She gasped out.

Finally, I let her go.

"You're evil." She growled at me, clutching her sides.

"But you love me anyway. " I smiled. Pulling her into my lap.

She turned, looking up at me with a strange look in her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

She didn't say anything. She didn't need to, because all she did was reach up, pull me closer to her and kiss me. Not the usual cheek or forehead kiss, but a real, long kiss.
Softly at first, we eased into a passionate battle for dominance, our tounges intertwining.

She broke the kiss, both of us panting.

I tried to go in for another, but she slide out of my arms like water.

I laughed as she ran out the door, turning back to stick her tounge out at me.

I ran after her. For such a thin person, she had a lot of energy.

  By the time I left the room, she was all the way down the hall dissapering down the stairs.

Even though she got a head start, I easily caught up.

When we reached the living room, I spotted Kim sitting on the couch.

Standing near her was Landon, almost fully recovered from the night before, and singing along with the Transformers theme song.

"Robots in disguise!" He sang.

"Landie!" She shouted running to him

Landie? When did he get a nickname?

"Hey, Elle-Bell." He greeted. Seriously, when the hell did they make nicknames for each other?

She tackled him and they both fell onto the couch.

"Elle, I'm still wounded y'know." Landon cried, clutching his arm.

"Sorry." She said. She stepped off of a now crushed Landon.

"Hello?" I said, irritated. "Is everyone just shunning me now?"

"Sorry Alpha, didn't see you there." Landon said with a shrug.

"Wait a minute." Kim said, sniffing the air.

"Why is your scent all over Elle?" She said, practically charging at me, and began punching me in the chest "What did you do to her?"

"Nothing!" I said, blocking her rapid blows.

"Elle?" Kim turned to her.

"There may have been a bit of kissing."

"Traitor." I mumbled at Elle, as Kim pounded violently on my chest.

" You will not marr by perfectly adorable, kind ,sweet, innocent Elle with your sexual desires!"

"She kissed me!"

"Liar." Kim said.

"It's true." Elle intergected.

"Elle! No!" Kim whined. "You were supposed to be pure!" She sighed. "Well at least you didn't have sex yet. "

"Kimberly, filter, please?" I pleaded.

"What's sex?" Elle asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out. And for Noveno to never show you." Kim said, glaring at me.

"Anyway, what's for breakfast? I'm starving." I asked.

Kim scoffed.

"I'm not the cook. I just happen to make food every now and then. Eat some Cheerios if you're hungry, I'm only cooking for me and Elle today."

Alpha of an entire pack and not a shred of respect.

 While Noveno and Landon ate their Cheerios, Kim and I ate something called an omlete

Which was delicious.

When we finished, Parker showed up in the hallway, looking as if he hadn't slept at all.

"You look dead." Kim pointed out.

"I am." he grumbled, pouring himself a bowl of cereal that Landon left out.

"Last night, Noveno just dumped all his Alpha work on me, for what, I don't know." Parker said, chewing noisily.

"He was making loooove!" Landon said, teasingly as Noveno put him in a chokehold.

"Well, while he was 'making love' I had to deal with the rouge. We only caught one, and I can't get shit out of him. Only that he could have been Blood Water."

The instant I heard the name I recognized it.

"I've heard of Blood Water." I stated, as hazy memories filled my head.

"You do?" Everyone asked in unison.

"Yeah. Someone... I-I think it was my mom maybe, she was from there."