chapter fourteen

Crystal already went to bed after the soundcheck as she was having a hard time with the change in timezones so I was left alone backstage. I took this as an opportunity to find out if twitter is one of Ashton's reasons. And ofcourse to read all the crazy theories about me.

I opened the app and saw that Ashton had finally followed me before the show.

twitter

@ashtonsgirl: @alexisthomas I'm glad he met you, he looked happier today at the beach.
@ashtonsucks: @ashtonsgirl ashton is depressed as fuck, don't even think he can ever get out of that. He's going to end up killing himself anyway.

After reading that tweet I clicked through to the account and saw all kinds of tweets towards ashton or other fans. But most of all, the account had a hell of a lot followers and every tweet got rt'ed more then enough for Ashton to see.

@Ashtonsucks: go rot in hell ashton, you don't deserve to breath.
@ashtonsucks: I get ashton's dad completly, I wouldn't stay with him either. I give Alexis a week or two before she leaves him and sees how fucked up he is.
@ashtonsucks: @ashtonirwin you're a lost case, just give up and make the world a better place without you.
@ashtonsucks: the best part is, that I know all boys have given up on him.

I found over a hundreth more accounts like that, all with more then enough followers and they always came back to two comments, his dad leaving and the boys giving up on him. But his dad left so long ago so I don't see how that can be a sudden issue. He has to delete his twitter for a while because I know he reads it all. But how will I ever be able to make him do that? I know I never stopped reading the bad things, I never stopped looking things up.

"Thank you for tonight!" I heard them say before they all ran off stage.

"I think that was the best show we had since start of tour" Luke said with excitement as he hugged me. How I love being covered into male sweat.

"I'd like a little less touching." I said laughing while I tried to look past him to see the others. It's hard because Luke is an absolute giant.

"Don't you love my hugs?" He asked laughing before taking a step back "I'll be back in like 5 minutes" He ran over to Calum to get back on for the last song. I don't get why people still do this, everyone knows they're going to come back as long as the lights don't go on.

I waited beside the stage where I could still see the fans and enjoyed the last song of the night. I saw a few fans who were standing close to the stage holding a teddy bear with a letter on. It was adressed to Ashton. I had to get that letter. I was looking at the girl and right before she was about to throw it on stage her friend tapped her shoulder and pointed in my direction. The song had ended so the guys went to the front of the stage to say a last goodbye.

The girl with the letter looked at me with a smile before she got the attention of the guard, she yelled something in his ear. The guard looked at me so I gave him a thumbs up and he walked over with the teddy bear and handed it to me.

"Tell her I'll make sure he reads it." I said when I read the words 'we all love you Ashton, stay strong.' on the front of the card. He nodded before going back to the girl and telling her what I said. She looked so happy and started jumping up and down with her friends. It was amazing to see what these guys were able to do. Unite so many young girls and make them so happy.

I walked back to where the guys would get off stage and waited for them. I took the card of the bear and put it in my pocket. If this turns out not to be the sweet letter that I'm expecting, I better not hand it to him.

"What's that?" Ashton asked, pointing at the teddy bear.

"It's for you guys, I picked it up from the ground" I said and handed him the bear. He smiled as he looked at it before looking back at me.

"I saw a guard giving it to you" He softly said before putting his arm around my shoulder "I want you to read it first."

"I will but I'm going to make a rule of no touching or hugging me untill after you get out of the shower." I said with a smile, but apparently they all thought differently about it and suddenly I was getting hugged by all four and I can tell you, it did not smell good.

"Rules are meant to be broken" Calum said laughing when they all let go.

"If you want, you can collect more letters. They almost always throw everything away unless we take something with us. I want to see what they have to say, often people really open up in those letters but we don't always have time to read them." Ashton said when the others were already leaving. "It's your choice ofcourse but I'm going to go shower now." He left aswell and I turned back to the stage. There were still some fans but the guards were already throwing everything in garbage bags.

I took one of the bags from beside the stage and walked over to the guard that was cleaning up. "They asked me to collect letters, so I'll try to get every teddy bear off stage."

He nodded, probably relieved that he didn't have to do it and handed me the bag already filled with a lot of teddy bears.

"Alexis!" I heard a few girls yell from behind me. I turned around and waved at them with a smile. "How's Ashton?" The girl from the earlier letter asked. I walked towards them to have a small talk.

"He's alright" I said, I know I couldn't say too much.

"Can you please make sure he will read it? It hurts us all so much to see him hurt. But I'm glad he has you now as a friend, he looked happier tonight."

"I will make sure he reads it, don't worry. But I have to go on with collecting things now before they remove everything." I said with a smile before turning around again to get the last teddy bears, taking all the letters off them and putting them in my pocket. I couldn't get all the bears so I was just collecting letters and maybe some cute ones that could get a place in the bus. When I had collected everything I went backstage again and started sorting out the teddy bears that were collected by the guard so I could get those letters aswell.

I took out a teddy bear for each, getting a penguin for Luke ofcourse, Calum got a monkey, Michael a lion and Ashton a unicorn. Don't ask me why I went for the unicorn.

Atleast I got something to do now when they're at the radio. Pick out the good letters and remove the letters that have anything rude in them or are just a list of people to follow.

This will be fun.

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: MY EXAMS ARE OVER SO I'VE GOT 3 WEEKS OFF WOOHOOO. But I only get my results wednesday so I still don't know if I'll be able to take second year courses (I'm in University and the Belgian system is freaking difficult) but I hope I passed enough exams so I can start my second year partly 😅😅