chapter twenty-six

——— Alexis' POV ———

"I'm ready to tell my story." Ashton suddenly said while we were watching the stars. There was a big field around the arena here and we had decided to escape the hectic bus and just lie down here.

My head was resting on his chest as he was playing with my hair. I think we spended the first hour in complete silence, but it was a nice silence. One that we don't get that often on the bus.

"Are you sure?" I asked. I tried to sit up so I could look at him be he pulled me back down quickly.

"Don't get up." He said silently "It feels like the right moment now that I'm here with you."

"I'm ready to listen." I said. I turned around a little so I could look at him without getting up.

"This all started around a year ago after our last tour. We had decided to all take a few months off to spend time with our families again. I think I was home for a week when a man stopped me on the street. He looked familiar so I stopped. He started taking out all of these pictures of me as a baby. He was in every single one aswell. So that's when I started realising it. He wanted to talk and I thought it felt alright, I was 22 and finally able to talk to my dad so I went along with it." He said with a small smile "I loved the idea of seeing him again. So we saw eachother every day that week. We got absolutly wasted together a few times and three weeks later I suddenly got a text from him to ask if I could help him out with something. I met him at a weird neighbourhood and waited infront of a house. Half an hour later then expected, he showed up. His eyes looked a little red. He asked me for money, a lot of money. Turns out he's a drug addict and alcoholic. He was in dept with his dealer so he needed me to go on with his addiction. I ofcourse didn't want to give him money for that, there were a few people watching as our voices grew louder and I saw a few phones directed at us. That's when he hit my face pretty bad and fucking robbed me. He drove off with my car and the money that was left in my wallet. People started spreading that online and soon the whole world knew what he did. Nobody knows what was said before but people are giving it the worst stories. I started eating less because I just didn't feel good. Soon it became a habit and I kept losing weight. I didn't bother anymore. I have recieved a heck load of hate and he sended me more texts. My mom still doesn't know. That's the biggest cause, what started it. But the ball kept on rolling because of different things. I was getting into a depression while people made fun of it. People made fun of every single thing I did. I stopped seeing the point in trying if not even our fans believed in me anymore. And even Calum and Michael gave up." He said before taking it a deep breath, "Because what's the point in trying when nobody cares anyway?"

I looked him in the eyes while the tears were starting to grow. I brought my hand to his face to wipe away the first tear that rolled down before moving his hair away so it wasn't covering his eyes.

"I can't believe how you told me your thing was just something small. This is a huge deal Ashton. Having a parent use you this way only to end up stealing from you, isn't nothing." I sat back up and pulled him up aswell so I could give him a tight hug.

I can't explain it, but when your sad and someone hugs you, it always seems like they break the last string in you. The last one pulling you together.

Ashton's last string just broke aswell. He broke down completly. He was finally telling someone how he felt, finally saying what the hell happened. Nobody had a clue and I don't think anyone expected something like this. Everyone saw the comments on twitter but I don't think anyone saw what caused it.

"Ashton?" I asked when he calmed, he looked up at me and I wiped the last tear away with my thumb "I care."

He looked at me with a small smile before laughing a little. "We're both so messed up."

"We are" I replied laughing aswell.

"I think that's probably the only reason we can talk. We just work that way, by being messed up." He laid down on his back again and looked at me with a smile. I laid down beside him on my back this time. Both our gazes at the sky above us.

"When we're all fixed again, what the hell are we going to talk about?" I said after a while. I didn't look at him, I just kept my eyes on the sky.

"We can figure out what we used to be like before we got messed up."

"I like that, we will get to know eachother twice."

"What's your favourite colour?" He asked, I turned my head to look at him confused. "We can already start getting to know eachother, for when we're happy again."

"It's blue" I said with a smile. "What's yours?"

"Red. The colour of love" he said laughing. "Were you ever a fan of our band, like posters and fanaccounts and looking us up, kind of fan?"

"No, I like the music but that's it. Friendly reminder that one of my best friends is your band member. It would be so weird to stalk you guys and make a fan account." I looked a him with a smile when he put a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay, I get that that would be weird. I still think it's weird we never met before."

"We have seen eachother many times, but I wasn't always in the best mood back then. I was about to get kicked out and finish high school and it was a crazy time. I mostly saw you at Luke's partys but I was always around Luke and some of our other friends."

"I can't even believe I never saw you." He said with a smile, "I can't believe I never noticed a beautiful girl like you."

"I wish I could say the same to you, but those years weren't exactly your prettiest. But puberty did you well."

---------------------------------------------
A/N: I always re-read chapters before I post them and when I was reading thisone again, I just got all sad for ashton. I normally never get sad over my own books because I decide what happens and I know it before I write it most of the time but today ashton just made me sad