November 7, 1:46pm

It was only at times like this that Taehyung actually bothered studying. Just by looking at him, anyone would suspect that he doesn't study. Messy, unkempt hair that stuck out in random places sometimes, his school uniform wasn't tucked in and crumpled, his tie was hanging loose from his neck and he never buttoned up his blazer.

For Jungkook, this was the first time he saw Taehyung scribbling in his notebook so quickly. He wasn't even doodling anything, as Jungkook had proven by leaning over a little and peering at the book. Sure enough, he was hastily taking down notes as the teacher spoke. The whole class was completely silent, so much more silent than it usually was that it made Jungkook feel so uncomfortable, as if he'd gone to a whole other planet. It was expected, though, exams were coming up just at the end of the month, just a week or two before their Christmas holidays.

As Jungkook continued taking down notes on what their teacher was saying, a loud jingle rang through the class. Everyone looked at each other with suspecting gazes, accussing random people of leaving their phones on and unmuted. Taehyung's eyes widened when he realized where the sound was coming from and he bent down to dig through his bag. He pulled his phone out, getting up from his seat and briskly walking out. "Sorry, I have to pick this up," Taehyung apologized as he rushed out of the classroom.

He raised the phone to his ear as he closed the door. "Hey, Mom," he said, "I was in the middle of Biology, what's going on?" The lagging, unclear voice of his mother came back to him barely seconds afterwards. "Tae, is Yoongi with you?" She asked. "No, he's not," Taehyung shook his head, "like I said, I'm in the middle of a lesson right now. Yoongi-hyung's two years above me, he's in a completely different class."

"We have great news for him," she said, "if I'm not wrong, I'll be able to hear him over the phone if I use your thingamajig, correct?" Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, but only a bit," he told her, "should I call you back later when he's around?"

"Yes, please do," she said, "his mother has something to say to him." Taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he hung up the call. What on earth would his mother want to say to him? He was there when they requested to get Yoongi out, he saw how insensitive she waa towards him at that moment. Well, Yoongi probably wouldn't mind talking to her. In fact, he'd probably love to talk to her. He probably misses them way too much.

Taehyung snagged his chance after their last lesson was over. He left right as the bell rang and headed for Yoongi and Seokjin's class as fast as his legs could carry him. He wasn't fast enough, though, because just when he reachced the end of the stairs, he nearly crashed into the two of them. "Tae?" Seokjin said, "What're you doing here?"

"I got a call just now in the middle of class," he explained, pulling out his phone to dial his mother, "it was a call from my mom, she wanted to talk to Yoongi-hyung because she said there's good news for him." Yoongi's eyes widened when Seokjin's gaze fell on him. "M-me?" He stuttered, "Did something happen to my family?"

Taehyung raised a hand to signal him to be quiet as he waited for his mother to pick up his call. "Mom?" He said when those long, irritating beeps finally stopped, "Yoongi-hyung's here now. You wanted to talk to him right?"

"Just pass the phone to him, sweetie," came the reply of his mother. Taehyung held the phone right next to Yoongi's ear and Yoongi bit his lip impatiently. "Hello?" He asked, his face falling when he heard a reply. "Y-Yeah, it's me," he said, a smile of joy creeping onto his face, "where's Dad? And Hyung, where's he?"

"Mom, honestly, I'm doing fine. The school's great, my friends are great," he laughed, "but... I just really miss you... no, Mom, don't cry... Mom, I'm safe here with Tae and the others..." Seokjin and Taehyung watched as the excited and joyful face that Yoongi wore morphed into a more worried one, and then into a more serious expression.