November 25, 10am

Hoseok dumped the last of his homework to the side as he beamed at Namjoon. "Joonie, I'm done with my work," he smiled, "can we please, please go out today?" Namjoon grumbled as he bit the end of his pencil. "Hoseok, it's only two days until we have another test," he told him, "we barely have any time to go out." Hoseok whined as he looked at the pile of work he'd practically thrown onto his bed. "But we haven't even gone out once this whole term!" He cried, "And I mean going out as in going to the town in a civilized, law-abiding manner and not breaking out in the middle of the night, before you correct me."

"Go ask the others," Namjoon said as he clicked his tongue and vigorously started writing down math equations, "maybe they don't care about their tests either." Hoseok groaned as he stepped out of the room to head to his own dorm. They all made these little study groups just for the tests, grouping them into their grades. 1st years, 2nd years and 3rd years. Then, at the end of the day, they would all spend 45 minutes together to help each other out. Seokjin and Yoongi would help Namjoon and Hoseok, Namjoon and Hoseok would help Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung, and the youngest three would just be sitting there having Namjoon's and Hoseok's feedback. It's actually been going quite well, with the exception of Yoongi and Taehyung, who never did any work.

Hoseok opened the door to his shared bedroom to find Jimin and Jungkook discussing some questions, while Taehyung was sat in Jungkook's bed watching something on his laptop (probably some weird anime again). "Oh, hi, Hyung," Jimin turned around and greeted, "you need anything?"

"Just wondering if any of you guys wanted to go out today," he shrugged. Jungkook gasped when it hit him that he hadn't actually gone out of the school properly since he joined. "I wanna go!" He said, "But I've got work, so..." Hoseok sighed and looked at Taehyung. "What about you, Tae? You wanna head ou—"

"Not right now, Hyung," Taehyung shook his head, "I need to find out what happens to Edward's alchemy in the next episode." Hoseok raised a brow in confusion before he realized it's probably some "epic" anime that Taehyung was always fanboying about. He waved a goodbye before he stepped out of the dorm, only to be met face to face with the one and only Min Yoongi. "What the—" Hoseok nearly jumped, "Were you listening?" Yoongi nodded. "So you wanna head to town with someone, right?" He smirked, "Y'know, I'm not exactly busy right now, sooo..."

And that was exactly how Hoseok and Yoongi found themselves at the school gate on a Saturday morning. Hoseok was wearing a hoodie over a turtleneck to hide his gills and scales as much as possible. It would be pretty warm, but it was nearly winter, anyway, it was quite cold. He hasn't worn a turtleneck since he was last out of the school a few months back, so he wasn't accustomed to the harsh struggle to breathe like a normal person would, through just their nose and without any support such as gills.

There was a small line of students outside the gate, queueing up to inform the teachers that they would be leaving. Anyone was allowed to leave the school, except they had to inform the teachers and they had to be back by a certain time, or else they'd be suspended. Hoseok and Yoongi spotted students of all ages, high school all the way down to elementary, all queueing up to leave the school. "Why exactly do you wanna go out today of all days?" Yoongi asked, raising an eyebrow. "I heard there's a carnival or something in town today," Hoseok explained, "I wanna check it out, but I also just wanna get some snacks."

Yoongi would have blushed right to the tips of his ears if he was alive. How was he going to survive this? Going to a carnival with Hoseok was practically a date! What if he screws up? What if he accidentally reveals that he used to have a crush on Taehyung? What if he reveals he has a crush on him?! Calm down, Yoongi, he tried to tell himself, you'll be fine. Just think of it as... as two guys having fun together at a carnival! That's all it is, isn't it? Just two guys going to a carnival and chilling...