Seven: Hook up

"Are you busy?"

I lifted my gaze from the book I was barely reading to meet a boy's. He stood tall and bit muscular. His dirty brown hair stood in all direction. His glassy blue eyes stare straight at me with a little smile on his face.

"Do you have a minute?" he said again inching closer to me. He glanced nervously around the sparsely populated school lawn.

I swallowed down the rage I have been feeling for days. "Yes?" I put on the best smile I could muster. "I don't think I know you." I said sincerely. I really don't know him.

"Yes, you don't." He cleared his throat nervously. "Bran suggested you."

"Suggested me?" I gaped at him.

"Yes, he overheard me and asked me to come ask you."

I blinked at him in confusion. Why would Bran ask someone to come see me? For what? I nodded slowly. "Okay? What is it you want" I shivered at the tone I asked with. I noticed the worried look on his face. "I am sorry; I've not been myself of late. I didn't mean to come out hard." I added immediately. His shoulders slumped.

He shook his head. "It is alright, maybe the timing is wrong."

"You can tell me now." I smiled warmly. "You may never get another chance." I suggested.

"Bran said the same." He smirked.

I raised a brow. "Really?"

"He said I have just one chance. I should make good use of it."

I smiled. "And do you plan on doing just that?"

"Sure." He smiled again taking a seat opposite me. "I haven't really seen you around before."

"I prefer to keep a low profile...." I trailed on.

He realised what I meant. "Charles." He said with a big grin.

"Charles." I nodded in content. Nice. "You already know mine."

"Bran did the favour."

I nodded. "So, Charles, what do you want?" I sounded uptight again. I cussed silently. "Sorry."

He shrugged. "Having a bad day, I guess."

"This is not me." I gestured at myself. "I haven't been myself of late."

"We all have our down days." He smiled.

"Yes." I nodded. I watched him play with his fingers nervously. His tongue darted out repeatedly to wet his full lips. "You are nervous." I stated.

He shrugged. "It is my first time."

I raised a brow. "Of?"

He met my gaze. "Asking someone out."

I blinked. His words echoed in my head. My tongue felt like lead in my mouth. My heart began to beat faster. "What?" I barely heard myself.

"Will you go to prom with me, Leo?" he asked.

I will kill you, Bran. I never knew you to be a matchmaker.

"It is alright if you don't want to go." He added quickly. "I will be fine."

"No...No...No." I cut in.

He raised a brow at me. "Will you?"

"I-I don't." I stuttered. My palms began to sweat. "No...I..."

He chuckled. "Calm down, Leo."

I nodded. I took in long breathes. "This is the first time someone will ask me out so excuse my nervousness." I refused to look at him. "As much as I love to, I..."