Thirteen: Unexpected

I stared at my reflection through the glass in the men's room. I literally see the joy radiating out of me and around. My heart beat with ease and one image kept flashing my mind sending shudders and tingles throughout my body. I knew the feeling and the effects all too well now. It had happened once and it is all over again. I shivered at the painful memories of the first time but the happiness I seem to feel now soothe my aching heart.

Charles Morgan was sure in my heart now. I shook my head at how fast we'd connected and fallen in love. What was meant to be just a hook up and to me probably wouldn't have worked had grown into a deep mutual feeling of love and adoration.

My heart now beat for only him aside from Berry and my mum. His world now revolves around mine as mine did his. I breathed in as I finally accepted the fact that I was now deeply in love with him. He now rules my thoughts and emotion as do I.

I would have never even dared of talking to him or getting closer because of his status. I pondered at his humility and carefree attitude despite his social class. No one would have imagined how big and wealthy he is. He was just a mere eighteen years old to the normal eyes and I knew only few people knows of the fact the Charles is the heir to the Morgan group of company. As the only family left aside his father's sister of the Morgan family, he'd been left with the burden to carry the prestigious company.

"Urgh!......" I groaned loudly holding the washhand basin in front of me tightly at the ground shaking boom of thunder. The glass rattled slightly, so did my ears ring. My heart raced in my chest as the rumble continued for a few seconds before it echoed away.

"Scared too?" I looked in the direction of the voice. I smiled as I recognised the person.

"I guess I am not the only one." I replied eyeing his pale face. Danny gave a short nervous laugh. He rubbed his red knuckles soothingly. I saw him shiver again as the thunder echoed from afar. I could suppress mine too.

"It shouldn't be this wet at this time." He broke the silent.

"Nature has its way of doing things." I shrugged. I turned back to my reflection. I stared at my flustered face. I knew the boom had drained colour from my cheeks.

"Tell me you escaped from the party?" Danny said nervously.

I raised a brow then shook my head. "No. You?" He shrugged. I straightened. "I thought you were having fun. I saw you with Anna. She is your date, isn't she?"

He nodded stiffly with a forced smile. "We both know it is a joke. Anna and I?" he scoffed then looked away. "She did it just to hurt someone."

"Arnold." I said simply.

Danny looked sadder at the mention of the name. "It was fun while it lasted. At least I would be remembered for something when I am gone."

I smiled as I understood what he meant. "Danny the geek went to prom with Anna Marquez."

"It is not every day the school's geekiest gets the chance to be with the school queen." He smiled.

"Yes, it isn't." my mind drifted to Charlestown. I understood what Danny meant.

"So, you and Charles?" He muttered. I averted my gaze just as it met his. We both smiled. "I would have bet he isn't, you know?"

"Isn't gay, you mean?" I frowned slightly.

"Yes." He nodded. "But I have no problem with you both though." He added quickly.

I let out the breathe I held. I nodded. We remained silent for a while before he broke it with a sigh. He gestured. "I better leave. I think I have had enough for the night. Moreover, I will like to sleep the storm away." He waved me off with a small smile.