Twelve: Dreadful Feelings

Charles’ call interrupted me. I sighed tapping the receive button. “Yup?”

“Are you ready?” I glanced at the time then cussed loudly. “That tells me you aren’t.” he sighed. “I will be waiting in the car across your house.”

“I got carried away, Charles. I am sorry.” I apologised. “I will be ready before you know it. You can come on in though.”

“That will be cool.” I smiled at the excitement in his voice. “Call you back in fifteen.”

“Okay.” I hopped out of bed. I began preparing for prom. Somewhere deep down, I couldn’t shake the dreadful feeling. A voice kept telling me something would happen tonight. Ever since the mall, I couldn’t get the picture of the boy out of my head and his fanglike teeth.  I wasn’t mistaken at all. His canines were far too elongated that normal and I doubted if they were artificial though I so much wanted to believe they were. There was more to him especially after he called me by my father’s name.

“You look handsome.” Berry smiled from the door.

I looked myself over. “You think?”

She nodded eagerly. “Charles is going to have a hard time taking his eyes off you.”

I smiled. “If you say so, little sister.” I put finishing touches to my hair. “I will be back on time because of you.”

She shook her head. “You can take as long as you want.”I raised a brow. “Mum isn’t going anywhere tonight.”

“Alright then.” I looked myself over again and again adjusting every piece of clothing.

“You don’t want to keep your boyfriend waiting any longer.” Berry grinned. “He might wear out the carpet in the living room any minute.” I raised a brow. Her smile broadened. “He is pacing in the living room.”

“Pacing?”

She nodded. “He asked me to check on you.”

I groaned. “Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?” I hurriedly put on my shoes.

“I wanted to have enough of you first.” I shook my head at her.

“Good to go?”

“Beautifully handsome.” She cheered.

I laughed at her choice of words. “Let us go then. Charles lacks much patience.” I grinned patting her head.

The expression on Charles when he saw me was priceless. The single rose flower he had in his hand almost fell to the ground as he continued to gawk at me.

“What do you think?” I stood in his front. He looked more handsome than he’d been. Both our tuxes were almost matching in design only for the lapels but our ties matched perfectly. I smiled warmly.

“I love you, Leo.” He said before capturing my lips in his. I chuckled allowing him for a second before gently pushing him away.

“You don’t want my mum to flip.” I chuckled.

“I won’t tell.” Berry echoed from behind me. She held her lips. I rolled my eyes at her.

“You better not.”

“I have seen it all already.” My mum came into view. She smiled warmly.

Charles paled a bit. “I am sorry, Mrs Laurel. I got carried away for a moment.”

“The Monte males are known to be charming.”

She smiled. “I know exactly how you felt. I have been there before.”