Eighteen

"There is nothing I can do to change your mind?" Aunt Nora shook her head again and again.

"You know me, Aunt." I wore my last piece of  clothing then turned to give her a warm smile. "I am sure of this. Are you with it?"

"I still can't believe you're doing this, more also I agreeing with you." She sighed.

"We have discussed this over and over again." I sat then patted the space beside me. She sat. I took her hands into mine. "Aunt Nora, I need to seek answers."

"I am not against you seeking answers." She argued. "I am against you doing this." she placed the files on my laps.

I sighed at the sight of them. I knew what they were about already. Seeing them just gave me the strength to do what I'd decided.

"Who else do you have in mind?" I asked. "There is a probability I might not return, aunt and you...." I paused. Tears began to pool in her eyes. I squeezed her hands gently. I gulped. "....we both know there won't be another Morgan from you." My heart sank into my chest. "We are all that's left of the Morgan family. It's the best thing I can think of right now because I can't bear the thought of pawning off my father's sweat."

"I understand." She sniffle.

I smiled at her. "By the way, if I survive, the company is still mine. It is also yours and you will always have a say in it as long as you live, just as anyone you put down in your place will do too ." I shrugged. "I hope the lawyer drafted it just as I said."

"Just exactly." she nodded. "I am going to miss you." She pulled me into a hug.

"So will I." I hugged her. "Are they here yet?"

"Yes." She rolled her eyes. "even the immortal."

"Aunt Nora!"

"I prefer that." she straighten her skirt. "See you down stairs. Take a look at those, will you?"

I grabbed the files. "Sure will." she smiled one last time before she left.

"Exactly." I skimmed through the documents placing my signature where necessary. "Done." I murmured at the last stroke. My heart tightened as I checked my room over. I knew in my heart I might not see it anymore. "I am going to miss you." I looked one last time at the bed I'd slept in for twelve years of my life.

"Glad you finally joined us." Merrick smirked. "I thought you've changed your mind."

I smiled. My heart warmed as Berry made her way towards me. Her presence made me long for Leo the more.

"Hey there." I knelt to greet her.

She gave a small smile. "Mum told me you're leaving too just like Leo did." I gulped then nodded. She hesitated. "Tell him I love him."

My heart broke at the words. Her small hand wiped the tears I didn't notice had began to fall. "Tell him to take control of his life too. Just like he did with Nick." she whispered into my ears. "He'll understand." she added at the confusion on my face.

"I will find him and tell him." I cupped her cheeks in my hands. "I will bring him back if possible too." I smiled earning one. "But before I go, I want to give you a gift." I place it in her hands.

She looked quizzical. She glanced nervously at her mum. I smiled as I knew she'd probably might have expected something more childish. A bunch of papers would have not even flashed her mind.

"Nothing to worry about Mrs Laurel." Aunt Nora spoke up. "Berry just took ownership of the Morgan group of companies."

I am sure Mrs Laurel would have fallen if she had not been sitting down after it dawned on her what my aunt meant. She gaped speechlessly.