T H I R T E E N

Park

I could feel that Stefan was growing less tired, and gave James a look of desperation as he watched Cole and Stef closely. He raised an eyebrow and I got ready to bolt out of here.

I watched Stefan move around more things in his bag, and when he pulled out whatever he was looking for, James' voice exploded in my head.

"Now!"

Like lightning, I shot out of there. I cut off Stefan and I's mind link the moment I took the first step. My legs took the longest possible strides I could get, and I pushed myself forward off trees as I passed them. It gave me a great amount of force to move faster.

My legs felt like jello as I sped past a tiny park, were I saw two kids playing on the jungle gym. I sense of familiarity washed through my brain as I slowly slightly, feeling the intense urge to go right.

So I did.

I shot to the right, dodging things as I passed them. I jumped over an oncoming car as I made a left, and skidded around a couple walking when I took another right. I ran past a small opening in a large grouping of trees, and skidded to a stop. I turned to look back at it and felt another wave of familiarity. I looked up at the street sign and began running again. Gerdan drive. I turned into the forest, down that small road, picking up speed. I ran past a few secluded houses, watching the numbers as I flew past.

After a few more seconds, and houses, I stopped running abruptly in front of a large house secluded from the others by a small forest, my hair wiping around violently as it settled down on my shoulders. 856 Gerdan drive.

I felt strange as I stared at the mansion-sized home, my body feeling tingly as I took the steps to walk to the porch. I heard many heartbeats, but I almost gagged when I smelled for the first time.

Wet dog. Werewolves.

Why would James tell me to come here? Where werewolves live? What could possibly be here for me? I can sense another vampire though, which calmed me down a little bit. But still, why send me to a house full of werewolves?

When I smelt again... I was almost knocked off my feet. It was so overwhelming that I felt extremely dizzy and I had to stop walking for a moment. The strawberries hit me directly in the face, and the mint came in for the blow afterwards. It made my entire body shake, and I was drawn forward.

Why?

It felt like the first time I can remember looking at Stefan... but more powerful. I can physically feel myself being pulled towards the house, towards the intoxicating scent that I couldn't shake off.

I crouched down lightly, moving some hair from my face as I started forward, walking faster than I would like, but I knew I had to keep moving. Stefan would find me any second now, and James can't help me anymore. Not when Stefan is determined.

Suddenly all noise in the house stopped, and I froze in my place, my eyes glued to the large front door. I was prepared to jump behind a tree not too far to my left if I had to, but I didn't hear any noise indicating that someone was going to the door.

I narrowed my eyes slightly, confused. Did they hear me? How was that poss-

I snapped my head to the right just in time to see a black cloud right in my face. Before I could even react, it slammed into me. It felt as if arms were wrapping around me as I flew into the forest. My body hit a tree hard, snapping it, and sending splinters flying through the air.

As I got on the ground, I rolled and twisted my body around, so I was on my stomach. I gripped the damp earth with my hands and looked up at the black cloud a few feet away from me, floating. The moment it moved forward, I kicked off the ground and growled loudly as I grabbed onto a tree with my right hand, swinging myself around ricocheting myself back into the open, out of the trees.