Chapter 18 - Coincidences

"Every single moment is a coincidence." ~ Douglas Coupland

°°°°°

He opened the door for me as I stepped into his car, the smooth leather seats pleasant to the touch. He ran around the car and then sat in the driver's seat, catching his breath. I smoothed down my dress and pinched my cheeks real fast to give them a bit of color. Out of all my dates, I was pretty sure that this was the most frightening one of them all. I was nervous out of my mind.

Think about it this way, I thought to myself, you are a National Geographic photographer, going out into the celebrity jungle and stalking your prey. It was a horrible way to look at it, but it was my job. I had no choice.

Harry shifted in his seat and then pushed his keys into the ignition, turning it, and started the car. I looked out of the window and sighed.

"You look stunning." he blurted and then blushed immediately after saying it. It relieved me a bit to know that he was scared like me. He looked so darn cute when he blushed...Clara snap out of it!!!

I took a deep breath, okay I am good. Just think about that crazy cat video you watched earlier, I thought, which eased my nerves.

I giggled,"Thanks, you look very handsome." I said and we both sat there in complete nervousness.

Why was I so afraid? I mean, this is Harry...ugh! He just looked so good in all black, defining his jade eyes that could freeze you just by his intense stare. His curls were trimmed up and his dimples caved in his cheeks that arose into a smile.

"Like the view?" He asked in the arrogant matter that I oddly loved. I laughed and looked down before hitting him on the arm,"Just step on it!" I said and he shook his head laughing before slamming his foot on the pedal as we sped off into the night air.

.....

About fifteen minutes later, we pulled up to the curb of a fancy Italian restaurant called "Wine & Dine." (For my Extra Credit in Cali readers ;))

It's beautiful authentic looking building, was covered in ivy, and gave off a warm glow along with the delicious aroma of garlic and spices. "This looks really nice." I commented, it looked expensive and way out of my price range. I couldn't wait to see what it looked like on the inside.

"Yeah it's okay." he shrugged and I just shook my head laughing,"Typical." I said and he swooped me in for a kiss.

His lips caressed mine and he then whispered into my ear, his hot breath fanning over my skin,"What was that Miss Davis?" He questioned.

My heart beat quickened and  my breath hitched,"Nothing..n-nothing at all." I said and he smirked again, how does his face not hurt from doing that all the time???

"U huh." he said and kissed me again, the valet guy coughing loudly to catch our attention.

"Um Sir can I please have your keys to park your car?" He asked and Harry groaned, letting go of my hand to fetch his keys out of his pocket, and then tossing them to the guy.

"Thank you sir." he said shaking, this guy was definitely intimidated by Harry.

"No problemo." Harry said sarcastically, annoyed by the disturbance during our romantic affection. "Thank you," I smiled at the guy and Harry pulled me closer.

"No problem ma'am." he smiled and went into Harry's car, driving off into the lot to park it.

We both walked inside and the waiter seated us at a nice outdoor table, on the deck beside a large fountain. It's clear waters streamed and flowed angelic-like up and into the night sky.