Chapter 11 - Adventure

“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” ~ J. K. Rowling

°°°°°

Clara's POV.

"So what is at the top of your bucket list?" Harry asked as we strolled down the sidewalk. Today the weather was average, bright and sunny, but what it had in store was anything but.

"Umm," I pondered while tucking a strand of my rousy copper waves behind my ear,"That's a hard one..."

He just shook his head laughing, I gave him an offended look,"What?!"

"Its just that I ask you if you could do anything possible and you can't think of a thing." he said smiling.

I shrugged,"Well then...what's at the top of yours?"  A car sped fast on the road making me jump slightly and almost spilling my precious coffee. That would have been a nightmare, just thinking about it makes me shiver.

"I have been around the world and seen a lot. I consider this the peak of my career." he answered and looked down at the sidewalk, stopping to pick up a nickel.

"Peak?" I asked confused. He nodded and handed me the nickel,"Thanks."

"You know the highest point. Everything had been going pretty good I guess. It's like our journey is Mount Everest and we made it to the top." he explained.

I nodded slowly,"Yes but that means that everything is at its best so things can only get worse. The journey up the mountain is hard but the fall back down is even harder." I said feeling quite intellectual, yup it's the coffee.

"Wow thank you for being so optimistic." he said sarcastically.

I scoffed,"It's true!" He looked down, I swear this boy was going to trip,"I know you are right that's what I am afraid of. The fall down."

Wow this conversation had drastically changed its mood in a matter of seconds,"I thought of something!" I exclaimed flamboyantly and some people walking by gave me a look.

"What's that?" He asked and put his hands in his pockets.

"I want to ride in a limo!" I said and he gave me a look as if to say, bitch please?

"I am serious! I have always wanted to go in one and now I have the chance! You said anything!" I begged.

"Really though?"

"Oh please, I am sure you were just as excited when you rode in one the first time."I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Good point you got me there. Fine let's go." he said and grabbed my hand as we ran down the sidewalk.

°°°°°

"How do you know this guy again?" I asked Harry for the millionth billionth time.

"I told you he's an old friend." Harry rolled his eyes and laughed,"Don't worry."

I put my hands up in defensiveness,"Hey! I barely know you, for all I know this could be like those movies. You know the ones where you tell me that you have been secretly in the mafia and we are in our own rendition of Fast and Furious or something!"

"Don't worry Clara, besides we kissed - I practically know everything about you now." he smirked and made a kissing sound as he pursed his lips,"Kissy Kissy!" he laughed as I pulled away in disgust.

"Ew stop it Harry! That's gross!" I squealed.

He just crossed his arms and grinned cockily,"You know you loved it too!!"

I blushed, half of me agreeing with him and the other half denying anything and everything about my feelings towards this "pop star".

Just keep repeating what Gwen told you, I thought to myself.

"Whatever Harry." I said and shook my head.

He pointed to a sign as we came across a small business space that sat in between a hair salon and plastic surgery office.

So now your average wealthy person can get implants, a new 'do, and rent a limo!

"This is the place." he said and held open the door for me. The interior was simple and had fake plants surrounded by small coffee tables with old magazines from years before, alongside plain leather seats.

"Oh Harold! Nice to see you!" a man said as he walked up to us and patted Harry on the back.

The man turned to me and smiled,"Who is this young lady?"

"Clara, Clara Davis." I smiled as he took my hand and kissed it.

"Pleasure to meet you miss." he said and introduced himself, "I am Smith the owner of this company. I understand that you guys want to rent a limo?"

I nodded and bit my lip to hold back the giddy smile that was forming on my lips,"Yes we would like to." Harry answered.

"Okay! Let me show you our catalog so you can choose which one. How long will you be renting it?" Smith asked us.

"For the day, I guess twelve hours to be safe." Harry said and we sat down on the leather seats.

So much for just chatting with him for a few minutes...

 "Here you go," Smith said handing us the thick book full of limousines to choose from.

"Thank you," Harry said as we flipped open to the first page.

Most of them were the same long black design but one in particular caught my eye.

"That one!" I said pointing to its picture. It was a bright neon pink stretch hummer limousine. I wasn't really a girlie-girl but deep down inside I had imagined of riding in one just like it. Almost as if I was a Barbie doll...

"No." Harry said in a forceful and monotone voice.

I almost choked on my own spit in surprise,"Excuse me?"

He crossed his arms against his toned chest,"No, that's exactly what I just said. NO."

"Yes you have to! Oh pretty please Hazza!" I huffed.

He was taken back for a moment,"Hazza? Okay then...fine."

"Oh yay Harry I love you!" I screamed and hugged him. For a second I almost forgot about my hatred for him.

He waved Smith over,"We'll take this one." he groaned and I smiled brightly.

"Nice choice, Harry has always had a soft spot for the color pink. " Smith laughed as Harry rolled his eyes.

"Take the credit card and  get the car already." Harry grumbled as we stepped outside to wait for Smith to pull up the hummer.

Seconds later he drove out of the lot and at the curb.

"Oh it's glorious!" I said and hopped right in.

"Happy now?" Harry said as he slid into the seat right next to me.

"Yes- wait a second?!?" I said and Harry looked afraid,"Is something wrong because we can always go get another one if you want-" he said protective.

"THERE IS A FRICKING MINI FRIDGE!!!!!!!!" I exclaimed and jumped up, bumping my head on the roof. "Ow," I whispered softly and rubbed the top if my head.

Harry shook his head laughing,"Okay that is just weird...where do you want to go first?"

I took a can of Pepsi out of the fridge and shrugged,"Harry you are making me think wayyyyyyy too much." I said dragging out the y.

"What's next on your bucket list?" He said and took a bottle of  Orange fanta.

I bit my lip and jumped up, unfortunately hit my head again, but regained strength from my newfound idea.

"SURF LESSONS!"

°°°°°

Hi I have not updated in a while and I feel horrible!!!!! There will be more to come soon :)))))) enjoy and best comment gets a dedication!!!