Character Nine

Lauren just finished her game and was happy for it to be over. She pulled off her jersey and turned to say 'good job' to the players besides her before collapsing on the bench. She looked up and saw Normani eyes travel the length of her body before coming up to her eyes and giving her a smile. Lauren winked at her before hearing her name being called by Karrueche. She walked over to her and the coach at Florida State. She wipes the sweat her face and arms before wrapping the towel around her shoulders, "Lauren Jauregui. Nice win there."

"Coach Williams" Lauren shook her hand with a smile on her face, "glad you enjoyed it" She glanced at Karrueche who had a smirk on her face,

"Glad to be here. That was some performance there" Lauren smiled at him,

"Thanks. I've been working hard this whole summer" He nodded,

"It shows. Karrueche was telling me that you still had Florida State as one of your top schools to go to?" He asked hoping to get some insight on what school she was leaning towards. Lauren nodded, "Good. You should come for an official visit this year and Karrueche can show you around since I know you guys are close" Lauren laughed softly while looking down and nodding her head.

"Yea that sounds like a good idea." Lauren looks up smiling at him as he nodded.

"Good. We'll congrats on the win and I will be seeing you soon" Coach Williams shook her hand again before turning to leave. Karrueche came closer to her,

"So" She looked down at Lauren's legs before coming back up to her eyes, "What are you doin tonight" Karrueche smiled at her while tilting her head, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. Lauren shrugged her shoulders while taking a quick peak at Normani who was in a conversation with Dinah. If I could, it would be Normani. "Lauren?" Lauren brought her eyes back to Karrueche with a smirk,

"I have an after party to go to but I can come over after" Karrueche got a glint in her eyes, "I know you wouldn't want to come to the party with a bunch of immature teenagers." Karrueche laughed and nodded,

"Yes this is true. I don't even know how I put up with you" Lauren grinned at her,

"Yea like I don't make your ass scream my name and tell me who that pussy really for" Lauren licked the corner of her lip before grinning when Karrueche pushed her.

"Oh shut up" Karrueche said rolled her eyes, "Just texted me when you leave" Lauren nodded and then gave her a peck on the cheek. Karrueche walked away as Lauren went to her bag and putting her sweats on. She walked over to her friends with a smile and giving them hugs. Zendaya walked over giving her a hug which makes her friends mouths drop.

"Good job, Ren" Lauren laughs. When Zendaya told her she was going to start calling her ren because she didn't feel like saying her full name, she didn't believe her but told her that she was going to call her Zenny just to spite her. Guess I was wrong.

"Thanks Zenny" Lauren pulled away grinning at her. Zendaya placed a hand over her heart,

"Awww I feel so special" As she rolled her eyes at her before looking at Normani, glad that she wasn't grounded. "Oh yeah, you can thank me for her not being grounded." Normani rolled her eyes at her before giving Lauren a hug.

"Congrats, beautiful" Normani whispered in her ear making Lauren blush a little. Lauren didn't want to let her go but did anyway. "Uh oh" Normani grinned at her while Lauren looked away smiling.

"Honey! You did amazing tonight" Mrs. Jauregui exclaimed as she gave her daughter a hug.

"Thanks mom." Her mom pulled away smoothly nodding her head towards Zendaya and Normani.