Chapter 17

CAMP LEGEND: Chapter 17

My heart swells when I hear that one word. Stay. I sound like a corny lovesick loser, but I don’t care. The only thing I do is turn around and lay with her.

Alexas P.O.V

What the hell am I thinking telling him to stay? I don’t want him to go but at the same time I want him as far away from me as possible.

Harry turns the lights off and walks over to me. I move over on my bed so he can lie down next to me. Do I even want him this close? I have no idea, but I make room for him on my small bed anyways.

He lies down next to me and pulls my blanket over both of us. We just lay there, me on my side with my back against the wall facing him and Harry lying on his back staring up at the ceiling. I’m glad he isn’t facing me. We’re not even touching but a part of me wants to.

He’s staring intently at the ceiling like he’s deep in thought. I want to reach out and smooth the crease between his eyebrows. But I don’t move. Instead I close my eyes and drift off into sleep before I do something I’m not even sure I want to do.

I wake up warm. Like really warm. I slightly open my eyes to see Harrys face a few inches away from mine. His eyes are closed and I can hear quiet snores coming from his mouth. He has his arm wrapped around my side. I try my best to gently take his arm off and slowly get out of bed without disturbing him.

I can’t believe I let this happen. I especially can’t believe I actually wanted this to happen.

I look back at my bed to make sure I haven’t woken Harry up. Luckily he lays there asleep. I’m still able to hear his soft snores from where I’m standing at the end of the bed. I have thirty minutes to get ready before I have to go to the mess hall for breakfast.

I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I close the door and strip my clothes off. I leave them in a pile on the floor in front of the sink. Scarlett hates when I do that because I usually leave them there until she gets annoyed and moves them. I stick my arm in the water to test it. It’s warm so I step in and slide the shower curtain behind me.

The showers here aren’t that bad here. The shower curtain is completely transparent, which sucks because the bathroom door that doesn’t lock is directly across from the shower.  Scarlett and I have accidentally walked in on each other way too many times because of it.

I quickly wash my body then rub shampoo through my long hair. It almost reaches my butt now; I’ve been trying to grow it this long for over a year. I love having long hair, but it’s a pain in the ass to take care of it since it always gets extremely knotted.

I hear footsteps outside the bathroom door and hope it’s Scarlett and not Harry. Scarlett didn’t even come back last night so I doubt it’s her. I stand still under the water and stare at the door hoping whoever it is can hear that the shower’s on. I don’t hear any other movements from the other side of the door, but I could be wrong because it’s hard for me to hear over the sound of the shower.

As I’m rinsing out the last of the shampoo in my hair the bathroom door opens. Harry walks in but stops when he sees me. We stand there staring at each other and I try to cover my body with my hands as Harry continues to stare at me with his mouth gaping open.

“Get out!” I yell grabbing the towel that’s on the hook beside the shower.

“Shit, sorry,” He quickly says and leaves, shutting the door behind him. Oh my god. He just saw me naked. This is going to make everything awkward. We just got over things being awkward, but now he had to mess it all up again. Did he not hear the shower from the other side of the door or did he intentionally walk in knowing damn well I was in here. He drives me crazy, I swear.