Chapter 13

When dinner is finished I head straight into the kitchen to get my punishment over with. I start by filling up the sink to wash the dishes. Harry walks in as I scrub the first plate.

He silently stands beside me to help with the dishes. I can do this by myself I don’t need his help. I wish he’d go mop the floor something. I focus on what I’m doing and try to ignore him. It’s difficult to ignore him though, considering he towers over me.

“Alexa…” He says quietly. I ignore him and continue washing dishes. I scrub them then throw them into Harry’s side of the sink for him to rinse.

“Louis is lying to you…” He trails off trying to talk to me again.

“That’s nice,” I say. I accidentally splash him with dishwater when I toss a plate into his side of the sink.

“What’s your problem?” He snaps raising his voice. He slams the plate he’s holding down into the water and turns to face me.

“You’re my problem,” I glare at him.

“I didn’t do anything! Niall’s the one who told Louis that, not me!” He shouts. He runs a wet hand through his dark hair in frustration.

“Oh,” Is all I manage to say.

“Yeah, “oh”. You don’t have to jump to conclusions and just assume shit,” He spits at me.

“Why would Louis say you said it then? What if you’re just blaming Niall to cover up what you actually said?” I ask not wanting to believe he’s telling the truth.

“Why can’t you just trust that I’m not lying?”

“I-I don’t know. I’m just that everyone knows now. They think I was all over you,” I admit. Even if Harry didn’t spread the lie, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still out there and everyone knows.

“Why? Are you ashamed that you kissed me? Was it that bad?” He asks hurt clear in his voice. I don’t understand how he can go from being angry with me to sounding like a hurt puppy.

I finish washing the last dish and dry my hands then turn to face him.

“I don’t want people to think I’m that kind of girl,” I finally answer.

“What kind of girl?”

“The kind that go around kissing boys she’s just met.”

“Isn’t that what you did?” He asks. I hate it when he’s right.

“I regret kissing you,” I turn away. I shouldn’t have let him get anywhere near me and I shouldn’t have followed him into the forest. I’m such an idiot.

“No you don’t, you just regret getting caught,” He smirks and steps towards me. I have a feeling I know where this is going by the tone of his voice. I’ve heard it before in the forest.

“Fine. I regret getting caught,” I finally admit and turn around to get the broom. Harry grabs me by the waist and pulls me towards him. He puts his mouth to my ear and whispers, “Then lets not get caught.”

He moves his lips down to my neck and starts kissing me there. I close my eyes and enjoy the way his lips feel against my skin.

Wait. No. I can’t do this. I don’t want to do this.

Who am I kidding, of course I want this. But I just can’t.

I step away from him and instantly miss his touch.

“Harry, no.”

“Why? I can tell you like it. If you didn’t you would’ve pushed me away when I grabbed your waist,” He smirks. I ignore him and grab the broom as he laughs at me.