Solutions Create Problems

I blink my eyes open and look at the time. It's 7:20, early for a Sunday. I listen, and it doesn't sound like anyone is up. I quietly slide my laptop out from under the covers and check it out.
"Patch removed; 4:52 am EST. Data sent to mainframe computer 5:00 am EST"

"Oh no" I whisper to myself. I'm screwed. Father is going to see I did something. He's going to find me. I have to go. Now. I swiftly make my way downstairs and sneak into the kitchen. I scramble to make myself a small breakfast and eat up what I do make. Then I ransack the pantry, taking them back up to my room. I try my best to keep the old creaky floor quiet and close my door as quickly as complete silence will allow. I throw my food into my school bag, after dumping out all my school things. I then go to my drawers and blindly put on clothes, then put a fraction of my wardrobe into the bag. I take a few mementos into the bag and grab my phone. I put it on airplane mode and look at my laptop. I can't take that. I look left and right, and grab my lamp. Then I slam it down on my laptop, just as it pinged for something. It doesn't matter. I take the bag I've packed and go downstairs. There's an emergency stash somewhere... where? I close my eyes and remember. I pull up a chair from the dining room into the living room, up to the knick knack shelf. Behind a blue China plate is a jar with about 100 dollars. I take half and dash out the door.

I don't even leave a note.

I get to the bus station trying to think of where to go. Anywhere. I give the driver money and tell him just to the next town over. I rush to the back and plug in my headphones and start music. I hate this I hate this I hate this. I look out the window as the bus made stops, it's not too busy. Busy because it's morning, but thinned out by the fact it's Sunday. The town goes by as I see the last thing on the road out of town. The mall, my favourite place to go. I want to cry, but instead I lean my head back and sigh loudly, getting a few looks from passengers. I close my eyes, and despite the crushing paranoia, I somehow slip into sleep.