Starting Over

I want to throw up, because this is all too similar to when I first ran. This time, I'm alone. I don't have Simon's kindness and generosity this time. All I have is me. And I have to start all over. The bus finally makes its stop and I walk down, in a whole new territory. It's 11 o'clock and I don't know what to do. I look around and see... nothing. I'm in the suburbs. There's a lady sitting on a bench, and I walk up to her. "Where's the nearest fast food place?" She looks up at me and looks at me quizzically. "Honey, you don't need to eat that! Where are your parents" I just shook my head and shrugged. She looked at me some more, then said, "oh, come on, I'll take you home and get some food for you, it's fine, really. I insist."
I nod and say a quiet "okay"
I follow her as she walks through the streets to a house with a finely manicured lawn, and she invites me in. "Sit," she says, pointing to a fancy looking chair. She walks through some saloon style doors to a kitchen and starts to cook. I slouch down and sigh. "So, are you gonna tell me your name?" She asks.
I thought up a lie on the spot "Laura." I said.
"So what are you doing here?" She asks.
I lie again, "my parents sent me to my aunts for the week, but the bus broke down. I gotta find a place to stay."
She sighs, loud enough to be heard through the wall from the kitchen to the living room. "I've fixed you some burgers, come on," she says, waving to me. I follow her through the big kitchen and through some more saloon style doors and sit down on the other side of her in her dining room and chow down. "I got an extra bedroom if you wanna stay." She says, with a smile.
I smile and nod.
"I'll take your stuff up to it." She says, leaving the table. I minute or so later, she comes out and tells me to follow. I walk down a hall and she stops in front of a door to a plain room. "Sorry it ain't much." She says, and walks away, leaving me alone. It's about 4 now, and I pick up my bag. In it is now a crisp 100 dollar bill.
I can't believe someone could be so nice. I drift into a nap, I never noticed how truly tired I was.

I wake up and it's 9:30. The kind lady is asleep and panic rises inside me. I can't stay here and put such a generous lady at risk. I take my bags and hop out the window and into town.

End of part one