Hello Again

It was midnight now and I had made my way to downtown. I wandered the streets, pondering what to do. With only 130 some odd dollars I wasn't sure what I could do. Then, a sign catches my eye. It was for a hotel, 40 dollar rooms. I walk in and ask for a room. The man at the desk looks at me skeptically.
"I'm paying cash." I say, hoping it will convince him. I slide 40 dollars to him and he accepts it, handing me a set of keys. I walk to the room and walk in. It's quite shabby but it will do. I plop on the double bed and turn on the tv. I start to doze off to the sound of some show I don't watch and finally fall asleep.

Suddenly, there was a tap at my window. I got up, and saw.... nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was about to sleep when the phone rang.
"Hey," it was the man from the front desk. "We got someone down here that wants to see you." My stomach dropped.
I thought for a second, "I'm not expecting visitors, don't let them in." I said curtly, and put the phone back on the hook. I fell back asleep and almost forgot the whole thing. Almost.

A knock. Loud and frantic at my door. It is only 5 am and I rub my eyes. I get up and go to the door, and peek through the hole. I gasp. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

I fling the door open and fall into the warm arms. Then I let go. I step back.
"What are you doing here, Simon?"
He just sighs.
"Avis, you've grown up so much." He says.
"It's only been a year," I say, dismissive.
"I know, but, wow." He replies.
"But how did you get here and why?" I say, looking at him.
"Okay, sit down." He says, motioning to the bed. "So, long before you were even activated, trial runs were made on a non AI prototype. Occasionally the prototype would wander off, so a tracker was added in case of emergency, seeing as you were too secret. Now, as we developed, we turned it off, since you were going to be aware, and also you leaving the facility wasn't planned," he says, scooting closer as he lowers his voice. "Then, they lost your signal. That is until your little update sent to the computer... then they started tracking you again. You're lucky I found you before they did. You gotta go, you can't stay in one place too long. Follow me."