Runaway

Simon took me out the emergency exit door to a back alley, where a car was quietly idling. He got in and I went in next to him. In the dim light, I barely see him smile at me. I slightly smile back. I will have Simon this time. But something's not quite right. Is he still with them? But he got fired... "go back to sleep, you'll feel better" his quiet voice cuts out my thoughts as I then recline the seat and close my eyes.

She looks so much more peaceful now that she's asleep. I drive, to nowhere in particular, resting my hand on her leg. I look at her some more. Her hair is shorter, and less in her face. She is taller, and just looks... gorgeous. I can't believe this is the 12 year old I met. But now, I have her, and I can keep her safe. I took major losses for her, and now I've found her and it's all gonna be better, so much better. I can go back to school, I can get a better job, I can stop hacking to look for her. I can't believe I've got her. And they can't take her from me now. She feels so safe with me, and I will let her feel that, if it lets me have her. She sighs and I swiftly move my hand back to the wheel.

I wake up a few hours later, asking where we are. He just looks at me. "It doesn't matter." Then he yawns, suddenly turning into an alley way and shutting the car off, after rolling down the windows a bit. "We can camp out here for a while." The seat reclines back and I try to snuggle in. But it's not comfy and I'm too nervous after what Simon told me. So instead I lay back and open my eyes, reminiscing about everything that's been upturned in my life.