Chapter 4 - Keeping My Distance

Guess whose back... back again...

Yes, It's me! And more importantly it's CHAPTER 4! I've had a really good week health wise, so I'm taking every opportunity to write. I've got 5 written as well just needs editing and tons of ideas in my head.

I think now that I'm not working on any other fics at all, all my energy is finally coming to the surface for this story, and I am so, so very thankful that you are still reading and enjoying.

I've had the same question asked a couple of time so I'm going to address here.. This is a FinnFic and here Finn and Rory the PDLD are Canon. That being said I still love Rogan and do intend to at lest get into them and their reaction and relationship of sorts or maybe more in later chapters. This story, right now, will be spanning a long time frame, such as the 10-year time jump in the revival. So there's a lot to cover.

I hope that clears it up and that you still enjoy reading this, as much as I enjoy the outlet of writing it.

Disclaimer: I own nothing and hope that ASP doesn't hate that I've taken her scenes and adjusted to add Finn.

Chapter 4 – * Keeping My Distance

I'm keeping my calendar open
Even if it takes me years
'Til you figure out what your plan is
You figure out all of your fears
I don't wanna know anything about her
Or what you feel like you have to defend
But I've seen your situation
And the world she keeps you in

I'm keeping my distance
And I'll wait until my time is here
I'm keeping my distance
And I'll wait until you make it clear

"He did what?" Finn says the confusion clear on his face. He's known Mitchum for years, most of his life actually and NEVER, not once, in that entire time has he ever apologized for his family or his words, and he has certainly never offered some random girl a job to make up for it. "Let me try and clarify this love. Mitchum, Logan's father, Heir Huntzberger, master of all that is holy in the journalistic world, showed up at the YDL and offered you a job?"

"Internship." She clarifies. She's rummaging around in her room at her mom's house. "I mean, I said no at first, I didn't want him to think that I was using his son just to get a job, you know."

"Isn't that exactly what you did love?" He teases

"Ha, ha, very funny. I'm not friends with Logan simply because of who his father is. Maybe it's a bonus, but it's not why I care about him, but then Mitchum kind of made a lot of sense and so yeah, I took it. I mean its Mitchum Hutzberger."

"You care about him, huh?"

"Mitchum?" She says disgusted. Then laughs and shrugs her shoulder, "I guess he's good looking for an older man but I don't think I'd say care..."

"Logan, you said you cared about Logan." Finn says as he plays with box of cornstarch on her dresser.

Rory laughs as she turns back to her wardrobe, "Of course I care about him. He's my friend."

She pulls out an outfit she thinks she might like to wear on Monday. "Hey, what's going on with you?"

"Nothing." He says as he sits the box back down.

"No, it's not nothing. I know you, and something's up."

"Ok, so I guess then I'll just throw it all out there. Before I asked you out I cleared it with Logan that there was nothing going on with you guys, but I never thought to ask you that same question and while I love that my best friend and my girlfriend get along, I don't want to be blind sided."