Chapter 9 - Starts With Goodbye

Back with some more for you, and still writing. It's been a very good week.

I hope you are enjoying and still reading. Thank you guys for the support.

Disclaimer: Gilmore Girls and all included entities belong to ASP and affiliates.

Chapter 9 - * Starts With Goodbye

I was sitting on my doorstep
I hung up the phone and it fell out of my hand
But I knew I had to do it
And he wouldn't understand

So hard to see myself without him
I felt a piece of my heart break
But when you're standing at a crossroad
There's a choice you gotta make

Rory looks at Logan, who is sitting across from her at Rich Man's Shoe.

"Just call him already." He insists.

"Why?" She sips her beer. Guinness, since Palm Springs it's her new favorite beer.

"You know why, Ace. You miss him, he misses you." Logan also takes a swig of his. This is their usual weekly lunch together. Or at least it has been since right before Thanksgiving when her and Finn had a fight.

"If he misses me so much he'd have called by now."

"He could say the same thing about you."

She sets her drink down and glares dagger at him, "Sure he could, but he'd be wrong. He was the one acting like 2 year old. All "my dick's bigger then yours.""

"I thought you said it was all his wallet was bigger then Jess's?' He teases her.

"Same difference."

The waitress brings them both their food and senselessly flirts with Logan. He doesn't respond. Rory had to laugh. Logan acts oblivious to the flirtation.

"Maybe, but I'll tell you again, if you were with me and you suddenly were going to dinner with your ex behind my back I'd be mad too."

"It wasn't behind his back. He was there. Remember, pissing contest and all?"

"I didn't forget, but I also remember that initially he wasn't suppose to be. He just showed up early and there you were."

"What? Now I can't have guy friends? What about you? Huh? Should I not be having lunch with you cause Finn wasn't informed first? When did we go back to the 50's?"

Logan puts his hands up in self-defense, "Don't shoot. I'm just being honest with you. What if he was out with another girl."

"He's practically with Stephanie all the time and I don't get all crazy on him"

"But it bothers you doesn't it? Don't even deny it, I can hear it in your voice."

"Well of course it does. Why is his father so against me being anywhere near the business? I thought he liked me."

"He does, Ace. But right now you're just some girl at Yale dating his son, who's soon to be heading up the company."

"He's perfectly fine with Stephanie, and look at your dad he keeps asking me to come to events and I'm not even dating you."

"He what?" Logan is caught off guard. "Excuse me."

"Yeah, last week he took me to the New Yorker offices and showed me around. He said it's not even close to how beautiful the Tribune is, but to me it looks like a museum. He asked me to come to this cocktail thingy at the HPG this weekend. You didn't know?"