Chapter 12 - The Story of Us

There's more! There's more! And I've already written a few chapters ahead just need editing. So for now, I hope you enjoy and come back for more!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Chapter 12 – *The Story of Us

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us
How we met and the sparks flew instantly
People would say, "they're the lucky ones"

I used to know my place was a spot next to you
Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat
'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on

Sam waits outside the lecture hall for his girlfriend. She and he both had decided to sign up for this limited lecture, this semester. He graduates this year, and doesn't really need this credit, he really only needs two classes, but this is a reason to be close to her, so he's ok with it.

She turns up, almost late, carrying a rather large personalize travel mug of coffee. He's disappointed. Morning coffee before class is his thing.

"Hi, babe" he says

"I'm sorry I'm late. I was up late last night talking to Lacey about her and Adam's break up. Thankfully Logan made me this before I got up. " She notices his extra cup. "For me?" He nods yes. "Oh thank you!" She opens the lid on her now almost empty mug and pours his coffee into the "Logan mug."

Sam has kept his mouth shut for so long. He told her once how he felt and she still chooses to with this guy. So he made sure he's around more often then not. Spending as many nights as he can at the house, but it's the final semester of schooling and he wants to spend some time being involved at the university and with his other friends too.

His other friends he's reminded again that other then Adam and Lacey she doesn't really know them. It's not been missed by him that she's not really made an effort to get to know them. They've been together since the end of last year, all summer and the entire first semester. He wants to start imagining a life outside of school and away from Logan, but he's starting to wonder if that's even an option for them.

She tosses away the empty paper cup and takes his hand. "Lets get a good seat. I want to sit as close as possible."

As everyone gathers his or her things to leave he watches her talk personally with the lecturer. She's never fully let him in, or come into his world. Her mother was suppose to come month ago, but changed her plans and should be here this weekend. He's hoping this will be the time she lets him in. If not, he's not sure where to go with this.

"You ready?" she asks as she grabs her bag. "I have to stop by the paper before going to work and see if I've got any assignments."

"I thought you told them you were busy this weekend."

"The paper, or work?"

"Both." he follows her out of the hall.

"I told the paper I was, but I'm not exactly on the breaking news beat, so that's not really an issue with giving me an assignment and as for work, I have the weekend off. I can't believe my mom is going to be here in a few hours."

"Me either. I'm excited to meet her."

She stops and looks at him. "I'm sorry, not tonight. Tonight it's the mother and daughter reunion of all reunions. There's going to be Lifetime, and food and it's not something you want to witness." She teases.

"So when do I get to meet her?"

Still walking toward The Stanford Daily, she says "I don't know. I know she definitely wants to do some California sight seeing. So we are going to the boardwalk, and the Monterey bay aquarium not to mention the tour of the university."