Chapter 14 - Times Like These

Hello dear readers. I want to take the first few moments of this to apologize for taking so long to update. I've been in a lot of pain and it's just been too agonizing to even think about writing. It sucks for me and if you are enjoying this story, then I imagine it must suck for you too. So again, I am so, so, so sorry for not updating more. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am in it till the end with this. I am still working on it, for the few minutes a day that I can.

So while this is short I wanted to get something out to enjoy. Thank you for still reading.

Disclaimer: all rights belong to ASP.

Chapter 14 – *Times Like these

In times like these
And times like those
What will be will be
And so it goes

And it always goes
On and on and on and on and on
On and on and on and on and on it goes

And there's always been laughing, crying, birth, and dying
Boys and girls with hearts that take and give and break
And heal and grow and recreate and raise and nurture
But then hurt from time to times like these
And times like those
What will be will be
And so it goes

"What are you doing here?" Rory questions. Her voice is small unsure. There was a time when she was sure this was the man she was going to spend her life with and yet now, she's facing him for the first time in years.

"I wanted to surprise Logan since it's been a while since we've had a pint." Finn says. He too is softer in voice than he intends. He's still hurt and angry about what he's just witnessed, but she's still here. She didn't run away screaming, or tell him to fuck off. "I guess I was the one surprised." He finishes.

She looks away, clearly hurt by his words. The thing is, as much as he wants to yell at her, to ask her what the fuck she's doing kissing his best mate, he knows in his heart he doesn't have a leg to stand on. He's been out of her life, by his own hands, for a while, and Logan, well, he's never left her side.

Looking back he knows he should have thought more about the consequences of Logan moving to northern California, or at lest realized that there may have been more motivation behind his request of relocation then just wanting to leave the cold weather. She was here. Of course at the time he only thought about all the implication it could mean for him. All the possibilities or opportunities he would have to show her that he still loved her. That he still loves her. However all this move did was give Logan the chance he knows his friend has always wish he'd never given up.

She's still silent as he wonders what she's thinking. She's moved to the couch and so he takes a few steps closer. "What's on your mind, Love?"

She turns to look at him, but for the first time in her life Rory feels at a total loss for words. She has so many conflicting emptions. She wants to hold him, kiss him, find out all about the years she's missed, and yet, the next she's thinking about holding the man that's never left side. A man that she was once hoping to pursue things with, and she's just kissed him and it felt... it felt comfortable. It felt like something she hasn't felt in a long time.

Her mind plays out before her all the cheesy endings and lines in some teen soap movie or TV show; the unassuming girl in some trite love triangle with two boys, two friends. This was the girl she always hated. Oh, the poor girl from the wrong side of the track with two amazing men in love with her. Must be so hard. She had rolled her eyes at those women, at any woman that complained about having two men in her life that cared about her. Most of her life she'd counted herself lucky if there was even one.