Chapter 1 - Clouded Over and The Guy Next To Me

Charlotte's P.O.V

My name is Charlotte, I hate it. Call me Charlie. I'm 17 with blond hair died tips in different colors. I died my hair occasionally before my dad died but after the death I found it an easier way to express my self than talking, and to let people know I was still the same me. On the outside. My eyes were the same color as that great blue ocean, earning me the nickname ocean eyes from him. Nobody's called me that since the incedent. Maybe because they don't want to hurt me, or maybe because my eyes have been clouded with a grayish blue, like the sky on a cloudy day. I like them though, I find them unique. But my ocean eyes are still behind those clouds, waiting for a miracle. Eyes have always been important to me, you can see how people really feel just by looking at them, it amazes me. My father seemed to be the only one who understood that. 

My mother is leaving. Not for good, just for a vacation. From me. She saw right through my act and knew I was broken and lost without my father.  She noticed the change. How I stopped playing piano, and singing, or taking art classes, and just having fun. I still did these things, I just did them without her knowing, without anyone knowing, alone. She's already left, giving my space to myself for awhile.

My brother James is coming from London back to Australia tomorrow. Apparently he's bringing some friends with him. I know what he's doing, trying to help me. But he's not, and I don't want any help.

My father was like my other half, we did everything together, we helped one another through everything, But that stupid accident had to change that. My father was a general in the army. About a year ago he come home and he was given a year off I was absolutely thrilled. The first six months were amazing, just like the times when he was always home. But then they called him back early, I begged him to stay but he had to go. I looked in his eyes and they were begging for forgiveness, I let him go, not knowing it would be the last time I saw him.

A month later the call came, he was gone, dead, I couldn't believe it, I wouldn't. But it was the truth. He's been dead for five months and everybody's moved on but me. They just don't understand. He was the guy next to me, and I was the one next to him. (A/N: I got that from The Lucky One which pretty much inspires this whole story just from that one part.) 

I know I've changed, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I'm surprised other people haven't noticed. If they did I could tell they wanted the old me back. And so did I. That's why I'm looking, looking for another person, someone to understand me like my father did, help me like he did, love me like he did and just be there for me. That's all I really need. Another guy next to me. And that's why I'm looking. 

Authors Note: Yay! The First Chapter! :D So this is my first story so take it easy on the criticism. But if you have any comments or questions just tell me :) And if you see any mistakes tell me and I'll try to fix it. And as I said before In The Lucky One (A little spoiler ahead) Logan says Ben will be the guy next to him. And he explains that, that is the person who you help and look after, and they do the same for you, you don't worry about yourself, you worry about the person next to you and they worry about you. (If  you've read the book or seen the movie it's the scene where they're playing the piano and violin.) Hope You like it!

P.S. Follow me on twitter! @Hanthedinosaurr