Chapter 3 - Prepared to be Perfect

Charlie's P.O.V.

I was driving home and the boys would not shut up. They sat in the seats talking, yelling, laughing, and shouting at passing cars. If I could I would make them walk the rest of the way home, but James would obviously object.

"So, tell us about yourself" Liam said out of the blue.

"Me? Um.. what do you wan't to know?" I mumbled.

"20 QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!" Shouted Louis. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. 

"What's your favorite color" 

"Green"

"Who's you're favorite singer?"

"Olly Murs and Jack Johnson"

"Favorite Song"

"Fear by One Republic"

"Favorite Animal" 

"Giraffe"

"Favorite Pass time"

"Reading and Drawing" As I said this a small smile grew on James face, maybe because i admitted that I still drew?

"Do you play any insturments?" This question killed me. I did, but I didn't anymore, or atleast not in front of people.

"No."

"That's a lie!" James yelled, earning himself an evil glare from me. "She loves music! She plays piano, guitar, trumpet, Cello, and she sings!" 

"James, seriously shut up I-"

"Her voice is amazing! and when she plays piano it's so silent you could hear a pin drop," he kept going on. "When she played piano and sang she sounded like an angel, It was all anyone wanted to listen to! Oh! and she-"

"JAMES!" I screamed. Why wouldn't he shut up? He knew I wouldn't play without dad. 

"And she doesn't play any more..." He whispered. And the car grew silent. 

"So," Zayn started again, "Are you in school?" 

"No i finished a while ago and haven't decided what I want to do yet." And all the questions came running  in again. 

"What's your pet peeve?"

"Pity and assumption."

"Do you have any pets?"

"Nope." And they went on and on all of them like the others. I thought they were done, but apparently not. 

"Oh! I have one!" Niall screamed

"I Think that's more than 20 questions, but just this last one"

"Alright.. why did you stop playing music?" He asked shyly. This was not a topic I wanted to discuss. At all. 

"Um... I... Uh... I lost the guy next to me..." I mumbled.

"What?" They all said, well except for James he seemed kind of shocked, at my answer but also that I did end up answering. 

"Nothing. I'd rather not discuss this... Oh look! This is our road! Wait till you see the house It's beautiful and...." I babbled on, but I couldn't help but notice the way Niall was looking at me. It made me feel like he knew what I meant. I'd just have to forget about it though, I'm probably just imagining things.

****************************

Still Charlie's P.O.V.

I sat on the roof, staring at the stars, quietly humming the song 'Crazy Love'. My dad used to sing it to me whenever I was troubled. I laid back and closed my eyes, thinking about they large room on the first floor. Yellow walls. Empty. Just that giant grand piano. Boarded windows. locked doors. It was meant to keep them out.